logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Siroki  
#41 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 12:49:56 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Groups: Registered
Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Hi Siroki

I'd say it's possible yes. I wouldn't do it this way, but it can work.
I believe the datasource way is easier as it will provide you with buttons to move between records or use auto next

Guillaume

Hi,
what is the right path to put in list widget to be able to pull images? I tried but it didn't work.

Thanks
Best regards
DWAM  
#42 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 12:55:12 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
I have already explained this Siroki!

For example here : https://forums.vmix.com/...ts&m=35051#post35051

Guillaume
Siroki  
#43 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 4:49:27 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

DWAM wrote:
I have already explained this Siroki!

For example here : https://forums.vmix.com/...ts&m=35051#post35051

Guillaume

I did it
thx very much
Jboze  
#44 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 6:14:21 PM(UTC)
Jboze

DWAM wrote:
Howto control a dynamic scorebug with vMixUTC

Scorebugs in sport production are more and more sophisticated. vMixUTC is a perfect tool for this, even when using a basic xaml title and no complex coding.
Here, you will see how to create and control a basic dynamic scorebug with multiple triggers.

This video starts with a functional demo and will show you how to use Trigger Functions to show and hide elements in your scorebug.

For this demo I created a very basic but specific xaml title with 2 images. See attached file if you want to use it.

>>> Watch the video:

Notes:

1. Creation of the xaml title
The idea is to create a xaml title with multiple elements that combine together. Here 2 images compose the scorebug:
- the upper part is for the score and the clock
- the lower part is meant to be shown or hidden with triggers or on demand. It is composed of 2 objects: an image called "scorebugxtra" and a text area called "XtraInfo"

2. As seen before you will need to use vMix API status to identify the elements in your xaml.
Use your browser to request it using http://YoutvMix-IP:8088/api/ as a URL.

Here's the report for scorebug.xaml
Code:
<input key="e0892642-9bc2-4dff-af4e-57c71ba29521" number="3" type="Xaml" title="scorebug.xaml" state="Paused" position="0" duration="0" loop="False" selectedIndex="0">
scorebug.xaml
<text index="0" name="HomeTeam">BAR</text>
<text index="1" name="AwayTeam">MAD</text>
<text index="2" name="HomeScore">2</text>
<text index="3" name="AwayScore">1</text>
<text index="4" name="Time">44:00</text>
<text index="5" name="XtraInfo">vMix UTC rocks!</text>
<image index="0" name="Object">
file:///D:/vMix-Projects/_vMixUTC/Tutorials/scorebug.png
</image>
<image index="1" name="scorebugxtra">
D:/vMix-Projects/_vMixUTC/Tutorials/scorebug-xtra.png
</image>
</input>

It shows that this title is made of 6 text values (text index="0" to text index="5") and 2 images (image index="0" and image index="1").
We will mainly use those named with "Xtra", that is <text index="5" name="XtraInfo"> and <image index="1" name="scorebugxtra">.

Now we are ready to use vMix UTC to build our User Interface to control the scorebug title.

3. I will not explain again how to create Button, Text, Timer or Score Widgets used in this demo. Also we have already seen how to use internal function "ExecLink" which allow to trigger actions within Widgets. Check the previous posts if you need more information.

Only 2 new functions are used in this tutorial : "SetText" and "SetImageNative". They allow to update text fields and image paths in xaml titles from Button Widgets.

You will see I created 2 Red Buttons. These are "Sub Functions" to simplify the programming. The Widgets we click on (the green ones) call these functions to execute frequently the same operation. It avoids to "write" the same routine in several different Buttons and it makes it easy to update many Widgets at once (in case we change the image path for example).

4. About SetImage and SetImageNative.
Latest release of vMix UTC introduced 2 new functions: SetTextNative and SetImageNative. So what's the difference with previous SetText and SetImage functions? Basically they do the same thing, but not the same way.
The "Native" functions will use vMix indexes where Text and Image are indexed separately, when the original functions use vmix UTC internal state indexes.
Here's an example based on the report for scorebug.xaml I copied above :
- with SetImageNative, the index to use for updating "scorebugxtra" is 1 >> <image index="1" name="scorebugxtra">
- with SetImage, the index to use for updating "scorebugxtra" is 7, as it is the 8th object in this input (8 - 1 = 7. Index starts at 0)

5. As you might already have understood if you watched the video, the principle is simple:
- when we need it, we activate the appearance of scorebugxtra image by specifying its path and we define a text value for the area,
- when we don't need it anymore, we simply set the image path and the text value to... nothing!

This can be done with more objects at the same time. It is also possible to swap images with different colors. There are no limits for your creativity. This was a basic example just to get you started.

That's it. Do not hesitate to ask if you need more explanation about this. I think the video explains pretty well the principle. It's up to you now to experiment and create awesome scorebugs titles for your productions.

Is there any way to link a list or a data source to the text coming in and out on the scorebug extra? I am trying to set up vMix for a football match and have figured out how to manage the dynamic scoreboard in terms of different drop downs (yellow card, red card, and substitutions) but I need to be able to quickly select player names to fill in to the text boxes that correspond to each drop down.

Is that even the best way to accomplish what I am trying to do, or is there a better workflow for it?
elgarf  
#45 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 11:04:47 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 129 post(s)
You can push different value to each text box, mapped to dropdown, if you set "Table" checkbox into dropdown properties.
DWAM  
#46 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 4:23:08 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

thanks for your interest into UTC!

As Elgarf said, yes it's possible to use a list widget or a datasource to feed your score bug.

It will be a 2 step operation though.
- First you select the correct name
- Then you trigger the xtra function that needs to be adapted accordingly (the SetText value becomes useless as it's fed from another widget)

So there is a little adjustment in the code to think about, but no very complicated.

Good luck!
Guillaume
Jboze  
#47 Posted : Saturday, August 4, 2018 6:28:50 PM(UTC)
Jboze

Thank you both for the response! The issue that I am having is that my text from the list pops up even before I trigger the xtra information. I am sure this is something very simple to fix, but I only started using UTC a few days ago and only started using vMix last week, so I am likely just overlooking it.
I am trying to emulate some of the features found here:
?t=2m17s particularly the cards and substitutions. Although looking at it again, that may be a completely seperate xaml file.
tkachuk.alex  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 3:55:55 AM(UTC)
tkachuk.alex

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
will it be any tutorial, like post with blue header in this topic, about Container and External Data especially.
thx
thanks 2 users thanked tkachuk.alex for this useful post.
Jboze on 8/7/2018(UTC), NguyenLion on 8/11/2020(UTC)
Jboze  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:24:49 PM(UTC)
Jboze

Another question, when using the list widget, is it possible to load two different lists? I am trying to use it for starting lineups, but I can only get one list to load, when I go to load a second one, it just takes the place of the first. The only way I can have the option of which to choose is if I copy and paste one and load the other. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to load two separate lists?
tkachuk.alex  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 4:51:00 PM(UTC)
tkachuk.alex

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Jboze wrote:
Another question, when using the list widget, is it possible to load two different lists? I am trying to use it for starting lineups, but I can only get one list to load, when I go to load a second one, it just takes the place of the first. The only way I can have the option of which to choose is if I copy and paste one and load the other. Am I doing something wrong, or is it not possible to load two separate lists?

Load one big list or make 2 list one for HOME one for AWAY
Jboze  
#51 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 5:40:55 PM(UTC)
Jboze

tkachuk.alex wrote:
Jboze wrote:

Load one big list or make 2 list one for HOME one for AWAY

I do have two separate lists, but I cant get them to both load in so they are options from the drop down unless I copy and paste one in to the new item box. I dont know if I am doing something wrong or if this is not intended.
elgarf  
#52 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 1:54:57 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@Jboze, why you need two lists into one?

You can made two widgets, mapped to the same title, load one list into 1st widget and another list into the 2nd. They must work both.
Jboze  
#53 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2018 5:25:05 PM(UTC)
Jboze

elgarf wrote:
@Jboze, why you need two lists into one?

You can made two widgets, mapped to the same title, load one list into 1st widget and another list into the 2nd. They must work both.

I suppose that would work, but I just thought it would be easier to to load both lists into one widget and select which one I want from the drop down menu.
Siroki  
#54 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 9:09:06 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Jboze wrote:

Where are you from?
You can load two lists in two different dropdown/list widgets. I am also doing the same on my UTC controller. For goals, red, yelow cards, substitutions etc.

You can make each list to be for lineups and for goals, and for cards etc. You just need to assing it on right place.

For example:

9|Christiano Ronaldo|Ronaldo

Assign first to lineup number, second to line up name, third for goal score etc

Best regards
carlosx8664  
#55 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 9:24:18 PM(UTC)
carlosx8664

Ghana

Sorry for the noobie question!

Great work with this but how can I change the color of the buttons if for example I take a video
on AIR. Like from GREEN to RED, etc...
elgarf  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:01:35 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@carlosx8664,
Make button "State Dependent" in properties, so it should check vMix state, according to script functions.

Then you see red/green led on the state dependent button.

Not all functions can be state dependent tough, and some I don't tested =(
Fountain Kamanga  
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 10:58:06 PM(UTC)
Fountain Kamanga

Malawi

Originally Posted by: DWAM Go to Quoted Post
Howto use vMixUTC for triggering vMix shortcuts from remote computers

Context:
When we have a lot of shortcuts in vMix, it might be convenient to be able to use them from multiple computers with several operators. vMixUTC can do this very easily. It basically allows vMix shortcuts to be executed from remote computers over the network.

Here's an example how you can do this:

- Let's say you have a shortcut in vMix which is associated to letter K on your keyboard.
- In vMix UTC, create a new Button Widget, give it a name
- Click the + symbol next to "script" and select "KeyPress" in the "Command" dropdown menu
- When done, the fourth field updates and now shows "Key" as a name, simply indicate the letter K (as in vMix) in this field
- Click OK. That's it! When you press this button, the letter K is sent to vMix as if it was local keypress.

If you want, you can also trigger this button from the keyboard on the computer running vMixUTC:

- Click the "Properties" icon for your button
- Tick the "Execute" box and select the letter K in the "Key" dropdown.
- Click OK. You're done!

Now when you press the K key on this computer's keyboard, your shortcut is executed on the vMix host.

If you need more shortcuts to be set, simply click the "Copy Widget" icon in your first button and modify the name and the shortcut trigger according to your vMix setup.

Hope you like it!

PS: Because vMixUTC runs on windows tablets, you can also use this to control vMix with a touch screen!
PS2 : vMixUTC also supports Midi controllers like Akai APC Mini through the Midi Widget.

Hello,
Sorry for posting this late. I have problems using vMix shortcuts in vmix UTC.

I am using vMix 22.0.0.48

vMix UtC 4/6/2019
rnhturner  
#58 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:58:25 AM(UTC)
rnhturner

Where can I find out how to use External Data. Specificially xml with UTC Controller? I can't find it in this forum.

Thanks!
elgarf  
#59 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 9:52:33 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

@Fountain Kamanga, what problems do you have?

@rnhturner,
1) set addresd of your http feed;
2) set XPath query, you can test it, there are many online services to do that;
3) in properties add titles, that take info from xml.

After executing XPath query, external data will get list of strings, then first string is correspond to first title, etc.

Loop checkbox is when you have, for example, 4 titles, and 2 of them are similar. You get 2 strings in the list, but first string is correspond to the first and the third title.
shuizhiyu  
#60 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 7:53:03 PM(UTC)
shuizhiyu

China

I can not download the program