logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mburel1980  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:40:44 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi all, so after Volleyball and Darts we now did our first stream for table tennis.

It was Teams Cupfinals and we were asked to focus on men's final.

Here's the link to relplay in 720p.

www.rtl.lu/sport/997776.html

Will upload 1080p to our youtubechannel later.

BTW the language you here is Luxembourgish (Yes we have our own language ;) )

Marc
SPORTSTREAMING.LU
mburel1980 attached the following image(s):
IMG_5075.JPG (2,325kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
IMG_5076.JPG (2,013kb) downloaded 22 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 2 users thanked mburel1980 for this useful post.
stigaard on 1/24/2017(UTC), SportsNetUSA.net on 1/24/2017(UTC)
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:29:13 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Marc

Nice! Could you give more details on your production setup?

I understand you were switching and controlling some of the cams with the Pana switcher and vMix was doing the graphics, the slomo replays, the audio + streaming/recording. Is this correct?

Bien à toi
Guillaume
mburel1980  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:24:28 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Salut Guillaume,

you are absolutely right. We had (rented) 3 PTZ Panasonic cameras all going into the panasonic switch. We added one camera of ours Sony Fx1000e (ro Hdmi-Sdi converter) also into the Switch. SDI out to Magewell caputure dongle(USB3).

1 operator was doing the switching and the replay using the akai mini.

Most of the grafics including scoreboard was handled by myself using UTC for vmix on a laptop.

As I was also commentator (Aufio going into behringer 1204USB) this was a nice challenge.

Fortunately I had an commentating expert next to me that took over the speech when I had to focus on the score and grafics :)

Oh, we used a canon camcorder through hdmi to magewell USB Dongle as instant replay camera.

So kn the end we were 2 operators handling 5 cameras ☺️, grafics and live commentary.

It was a great experience and we will develop further ideas of optimizing our workflow in the future.

À la prochaine

Marc
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 12:19:37 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ mburel1980

Well done!
I look forward to learning more about your set-up and workflow.

Ice
DWAM  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 12:36:32 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

So you had 2 Magewell USB3 plugged into vMix? One for the Pana switcher PGM out + one for the replay cam... No problem with that ? I've had trouble trying to do that, one Magewell would freeze from time to time...

Yep nice setup for a 2 guys production! For future projects, maybe you can try 2 vMix with NDI in between (or a single one with 4/8 inputs), it gives a lot of confort and it's very reliable.

Bravo!

Guillaume

mburel1980  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:54:27 PM(UTC)
mburel1980

DWAM wrote:
So you had 2 Magewell USB3 plugged into vMix? One for the Pana switcher PGM out + one for the replay cam... No problem with that ? I've had trouble trying to do that, one Magewell would freeze from time to time...

No Problems at all, Magewell Capture Dongles (2nd gen) are very reliable. In other setups where we cannot refer to the Panasonic PTZ System we used even 3 of them without any issues, including replay.

As we had some time I tried using 1 panasonic HE120 as PTZ input (HDMI) into vmix and use the ptz function but no success although the IP address of the camera was correct and the network cable (Cat 7) was plugged into the same switch than vmix production pc I didn't manage to establish a connection :o(

That's one reason why we use the pana system for switching and vmix to stream, record and do the overlays and so on. We are currently keeping an eye on the BM Deckling Duo 2, have you any experience with it ? (but if we cannot use the ptz function I think we will save the money for other things)

IceStream wrote:

I look forward to learning more about your set-up and workflow.

What else do you want to know ? ;o)

Marc
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:32:27 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ mburel1980

Essentially, I am curious to know more about your workflow, why you chose to use the Panasonic hardware switcher (as a traditionalist, I like the idea of hardware switcher), what issues you may have had with the set-up and where you think improvements could be made, both in terms of vMix's ease of use in that set-up, as well as features or options that would improve it's overall functionality in this type of production.
Undoubtedly, you lose some functionality of vMix in this set-up, but there is something to be said for having a hardware switcher and I am always curious how people manage such workflows.

Ice
DWAM  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:33:17 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Magewell: Good to know. I should maybe give it another try... I tried before on a laptop, I think I only had a single USB3 bus. Maybe that's the reason 'cos I use regularly both of my Magewells, one by one, with no problem.

Yes I use BM Deckling Duo 2. They're fine

HE120 : you mean you wanted to control it directly by vMix or with the pana controller anyway ? I never tried this particular model but I don't think you are obliged to connect all equipments on the same network. As long as the controller can communicate with the cam, you still get sdi out. Maybe you forgot to change the network settings in the controller? I should be testing HE40 in a couple of weeks, my expectation is to use it with a logitech joystick thru vMix.

Currently I use Bescor MP101 motorized heads over Ethernet for small productions. Very pleased. Very cheap, reliable and I can adapt many types of camcorders or DSLRs depending on my needs.

thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
SHMD on 1/24/2017(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:52:26 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
@DWAM

Quote:
Currently I use Bescor MP101 motorized heads over Ethernet for small productions.

I have a Bescor MP101. How do you control it over Ethernet?
DWAM  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:22:43 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Quote:
How do you control it over Ethernet?

Check http://expedition-electrics.mark-ju.net/index.htm

I use the LANC version which allows me to control remotely (up to 75m on CAT6) 3 standard Canon cameras just like PTZ devices (no position memory) with a Logitech joystick. I also use them with Sony Mirrorless Cameras (a7s, rx10III, etc...) but without integrated Zoom control (no LANC), so I use Wifi instead...
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
SportsNetUSA.net on 1/24/2017(UTC)
mburel1980  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:57:15 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

IceStream wrote:
@ mburel1980
Undoubtedly, you lose some functionality of vMix in this set-up, but there is something to be said for having a hardware switcher and I am always curious how people manage such workflows.
Ice

Yes that's true. In fact there are more reasons:

1. Actually we have not enough capture devices to take advantage of the 3 PTZ cameras + 2 fixed (only own 3 capture dongles (2 HDMI, 1 SDI))
2. I doubt that our PC is able to manage up to 5 inputs + replay (I7 - 4790 3,6Ghz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Gigabyte Grafics GT730 2 GB, 500 SSD + 1TB)
3. As mentioned before I tried to connect the panasonic cams to vmix to use the ptz function but it didn't work.

So now we have 1 operator doing the camera control AND the switching and 1 doing titles. If the PTZ function doesn't work with the borrowed panasonic cameras but want to do the switching in vmix we need one more operator :o)

Quote:
where you think improvements could be made,

I think we don't need the laptop for title control but could do it using the vmix pc as the director uses the pana switch and the akai mini.

In future we are planning 1. upgrade our grafics card 2. update vmix to pro edition and 3. buy a bm Decklink duo 2 to use more functionality of vmix but this means spending about 1000 EUR and so we have to be patient...

Hope this helps your curiosity ;o)

Best wishes

Marc
mburel1980  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:04:47 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

DWAM wrote:
HE120 : you mean you wanted to control it directly by vMix or with the pana controller anyway ?

yes I brought the camera in via its HDMI out to capture dongle for video and then plugged the network cable into the same gigabit switch we used for streaming for PTZ control

Video was ok, but as I tried to connect using PTZ function by entering the IP address of the camera, vmix said "Request timed out" or something like that, so no connection to control the camera.

And I was wrong it is even the Panasonic HE 130 model... Maybe a firmware issue of the camera itself ?

We'll give it another try next time we can use it.

Bien à toi

Marc

DWAM  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 4:48:05 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Salut Marc

Quote:
2. I doubt that our PC is able to manage up to 5 inputs + replay (I7 - 4790 3,6Ghz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Gigabyte Grafics GT730 2 GB, 500 SSD + 1TB)

Apart from the missing decent graphics card, I'm pretty sure you can have 5 cams + replay on this computer if you had a GTX.
I still use a second gen i7 with a GTX 960 for some productions with to 7 cams @1080. No problem.

I don't know the rental prices in Luxemburg, but I have always preferred to invest for my own equipments than to throw away hundreds/thousands euros into rentals.

Panasonic equipments can be tricky sometimes. It's too late now but I'm pretty sure there was a parameter to be changed in its setup menu for vMix access. Keep us posted, maybe I'll face the same issue with AW-HE40 when I can try it.

Bonne journée à toi