logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Digitalson  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:28:51 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
And wow it is not easy...I don't know how they do it....it's hard to get your replay and watch live action at the same time....I think because the monitors don't have the live always up...like when a replay is running the right mon is playing the replay and the left is the selected clip.....but u gotta be fast...hats of to them
SportsNetUSA.net  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:39:03 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
They are highly skilled. And it helps to have a crew (2-3) that just handles replays. Same thing with CG, audio, etc.
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:39:39 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Digitalson

As amazing as vMix is, I think the tools and features available in high end profession broadcast replay systems are a little more elaborate than what "vMix Instant Replay" currently offers, but then again, they cost tens of thousands of dollars more and you are correct, it still takes a highly skilled technician to effectively work the replay magic we come to expect in broadcast television.
Undoubtedly, vMix will continue to evolve and provide more features that will make streaming sports broadcasts easier for both the single operators out there as well as the "broadcast crews" that are striving for perfection in their productions.
Never-the-less, I am simply blown away with what you can accomplish with vMix already. Although much is possible, the important thing for individual operators to remember is that it is better, in a broadcast, to successfully accomplish what is most feasible within their current workflow than to try and do everything that vMix Replay is potentially capable of, and possibly mess up by trying to do it all within the time constraints of a fast paced live event... If you can do it go for it! Otherwise, the KISS principle is most relevant here (keep it stupidly simple).

Ice
Kelvin  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:02:08 PM(UTC)
Kelvin

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Yes, the instant replay system is incredibly powerful, but does take some practice. I recently did a football game with 3 cameras and used the simpler video delay to do some replays. I use the HD version so I don't actually have instant replay. Each video delay was set to 30 seconds. That gives you plenty of time to develop a rhythm on how far back to go before shifting to the replay. Also, the video delay save feature allowed me to construct a highlight reel in another List input to run at halftime and at the end of the game. After the delay clips were saved to the List, I could edit the in and out points during slow times of the game. This link is my first football game to do. Things improved the next 3 games, but those were done through the NFHS Network Pay-Per-View website.

Sorry for the bad audio, had to used an FM radio with poor reception due to distance from the announcers.

http://livestream.com/sportpixusa/2016-Yoemen-West

End of game highlights start at the 2:55:30 mark

By the way, NFL Films came to town for the 4th round of the playoffs and will be doing a spot on NFL Network on Super Bowl Sunday to highlight small town Texas football.
Digitalson  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:08:41 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well after some practice I got it pretty good at it...and if u watch football the replay is not really up right after the play...sometimes there are a play after the one...but yes u are are right u do need a seperate replay guy or one on a different computer cause doing switching and replay would be real tough especially live....but I do like vmixs replay and with 2 comps 8 channels via ndi nice