logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AndreKager  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 11:57:25 AM(UTC)
AndreKager

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
On the forum we find a lot of posts about how to show scores and playing time in vMix. Most of the post describes how to create a scoreboard but still you have to set the score from the Home and Away, and the time to be played, manually. OCR was one of the possibilities we tried but it was too inaccurate. We found a way of taking over this information automatically and show it in vMix.

We installed a Raspberry Pi with two piggy bagged IO cards to do so. At the software side we will be reading IO data, publish it on a webserver and let it read out by JSON query with a frequency of 50 ms. In the manual attached I will try to explain how to make this work. You will need to have (basic) knowledge of electronics and the ability to use a solder iron but I think anyone can make this work.

If you need any help please drop me an email or reply on this topic. It looks like a lot of work to be done but in fact it is less than a day's work and will save you a lot of time in the future to have accurate scores and time with no manual effort anymore.
File Attachment(s):
How to create an image for a Raspberry Pi to make use of Scoreboard and Shotclock - Version 0.1.doc (177kb) downloaded 140 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Siroki  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2016 5:19:57 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
AndreKager wrote:
On the forum we find a lot of posts about how to show scores and playing time in vMix. Most of the post describes how to create a scoreboard but still you have to set the score from the Home and Away, and the time to be played, manually. OCR was one of the possibilities we tried but it was too inaccurate. We found a way of taking over this information automatically and show it in vMix.

We installed a Raspberry Pi with two piggy bagged IO cards to do so. At the software side we will be reading IO data, publish it on a webserver and let it read out by JSON query with a frequency of 50 ms. In the manual attached I will try to explain how to make this work. You will need to have (basic) knowledge of electronics and the ability to use a solder iron but I think anyone can make this work.

If you need any help please drop me an email or reply on this topic. It looks like a lot of work to be done but in fact it is less than a day's work and will save you a lot of time in the future to have accurate scores and time with no manual effort anymore.

I make everything easy with cheap miniDV cam. Connect miniDV cam with usb and import it in vMix like web camera. Zoom the scoreboard in the gym and overlay it on scoreboard graphics. You have options with chroma key, saturation etc to get the right color for score and time

;)

The best and the cheapest solution, example here:

Best Regards
Marko
RC_31  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2017 4:59:43 AM(UTC)
RC_31

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!

This is very interesting. Would you mind posting images from the whole proces for people with zero knowledge in programing like me? Maybe a video tutorial will be easier for you to do and for us to understand.

Thank you!