logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jboze  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2018 7:58:42 PM(UTC)
Jboze

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

I have noticed a bit of a slow playback on my replays while still being at 100% speed. Has anyone had issues with this or is it an issue with my machine not being able to fully keep up with the replays (it meets all the requirements that vMix lays out).

I was also wondering, and I think I have seen a few posts about this but wanted to double check myself, but can you only export clips in .mpg format?

Thanks all!
kevev  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 22, 2018 1:41:36 PM(UTC)
kevev

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Jboze wrote:
Hello all,

I have noticed a bit of a slow playback on my replays while still being at 100% speed. Has anyone had issues with this or is it an issue with my machine not being able to fully keep up with the replays (it meets all the requirements that vMix lays out).

I was also wondering, and I think I have seen a few posts about this but wanted to double check myself, but can you only export clips in .mpg format?

Thanks all!

Check your render times at the lower left of main vMix window. If it goes above 20ms you probably have CPU bottleneck. We have an i7-8700k and with our CPU only peaking at 42% and an 1060TI only peaking at 13%, we have this issue when capturing 4x sdi camera feeds at 1080p59.94fps. You can try putting the system in gaming mode via the EUFI BIOS menu. It helped some on our system as the CPU would lock to a higher clock rate. Also a heavy framerate png sequence stinger can cause high CPU usage. We are considering a 29.97fps stinger in the hope that it will play better.