logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
timneufeld  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 4:41:32 AM(UTC)
timneufeld

Groups: Registered

I'm brand new here and have been reading through the forum to try and find an answer, but haven't. I love vMix and have successfully logged in to Periscope with an account I made that had no followers. I did this so I could test the range of features. I got everything working wonderfully. But here's my problem. I now want to sign into my main Periscope/Twitter account which has several thousand followers. I logged out of Twitter and Periscope, and I went through the process of going to streaming settings in vMix, then selecting Periscope/Twitter as destination. I then clicked on settings which gave me my authorization code. Next I clicked on the link that took me to Periscope to sign in and enter the authorization code. I did all these steps successfully, but while Periscope's site reports back to me that I have been authorized after entering the code, the vMix prompt in streaming settings tells me that I am "not logged in." I cannot start a stream to Periscope. I just get an error message.

And here is the really head-scratching part... If I log out or Twitter and Periscope and then log back in as the account I used to test vMix (the account with no followers), vMix logs me right in and I can stream. So, I am stuck using the test account in Periscope and cannot login through vMix to my main Periscope account (the one with several thousand followers). It's like there is a cache with the first account stored somewhere that has to be erased so I can login with a new name.

I hope that makes sense. Does anyone have any idea how I can reinitialize my streaming settings so that I can enter my main account?

Thanks so much in advance. By the way, I am still on the trial version. If I can figure this glitch out, I really want to buy the program because it does everything I need it to.

Thanks again,
Tim

rowby  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 23, 2018 9:58:56 AM(UTC)
rowby

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi

This may or may not help. Here’s a recent post I put on the forum

rowby wrote:
Hello Everybody,

I received this in my email from Periscope today.....

Protecting your privacy

Just a reminder: we're updating Periscope's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and consolidating them into Twitter's. The new Terms and Privacy Policy will take effect on May 25, 2018. To avoid interrupting your use of third party applications that have integrated with Periscope, please log into the Periscope app or website to review and agree to our updated Terms and Privacy Policy before May 25th. On that date, users who have not agreed to our updated Terms will have their log-in tokens revoked and will need to reconnect their third party applications to their Periscope account.

Thank you for your trust and for being part of the Periscope Community!

- Periscope

thanks 1 user thanked rowby for this useful post.
timneufeld on 5/23/2018(UTC)