logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NHT  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 7:53:14 AM(UTC)
NHT

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Having used AVID years ago and not touched it for a long time I thought I'd try the free Media Composer First.

Not only is is highly unstable and has hardly any features it may have screwed one of my machines so badly I'll have to reinstall everything.

I tried it, it was appalling, went to uninstall it and although it says it's uninstalled it has left loads of background services I can't uninstall and now my machine takes 5 minutes to boot and 5 minutes to shut down.
watchfulone  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 3:07:18 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
NHT wrote:
Having used AVID years ago and not touched it for a long time I thought I'd try the free Media Composer First.

Not only is is highly unstable and has hardly any features it may have screwed one of my machines so badly I'll have to reinstall everything.

I tried it, it was appalling, went to uninstall it and although it says it's uninstalled it has left loads of background services I can't uninstall and now my machine takes 5 minutes to boot and 5 minutes to shut down.

I had a similar experience with it too, had to uninstall it as it was messing up my system and my hard drive.
Since i uninstall it i had no more problems. And yes no features and software install in the background.
thanks 1 user thanked watchfulone for this useful post.
NHT on 4/24/2018(UTC)