logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BentRS  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 7:17:43 PM(UTC)
BentRS

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I want to teach using sport videos and VMix. I order to be able to draw on top of the video as a part of the explain process, and to share video from the browser - I plan to use a Surface 4 PRO (yes it can run VMix) and connect to the streaming PC, and the best upload I can get is around 30 - 40 on a mobile broadband modem (yes I know wired is better, but that gives me only 0.5, so this is the best I can get) where I intend to make it similar to the "Ruby" build: I8700k CPU, Z370 and GTX1060 - GTX1080.

Is this realistic to achieve, or should it rather be an Obsidian like build using I9 - and what is making the most lag-free video to stream?

What will be the best way to connect the Video/teaching Surface - I guess there is 3 options: both machines connected to the modem via IP.or both mashines connected to each other via cross-over cable OR via a capture card.

I have been looking into Elgato game capture HD60 - is this making the video captured and streamed without delay or lagging - or are there anything elso you would recomend instead.

Kind regards
Bent Rune
ask  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 12:49:17 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
BentRS on 4/10/2018(UTC)
DWAM  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 3:49:59 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Panamation is a Live CG, Telestrator, and Paint Box that supports NDI In and real-time NDI output. It’s capable of keyframe animation and can save projects up to 4k as stills, avi/mov’s and file sequences making it a great addition to any live or post production.

http://www.panamndi.com/
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
BentRS on 4/10/2018(UTC)
BentRS  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 4:07:13 AM(UTC)
BentRS

Thank you for the Telestrator suggestions - this really looks like this is what I have been looking for.

I was hoping to be able to use my Surface 4PRO as the NDI source (it should have the minimum spec mentioned) - or another solution if needed. Would it make any difference if the Streaming machine is a Ruby (I7) or an Obsidian (I9) build - and what components of the Streaming PC is the most important to use one or two (perhaps more) NDI input using Telestrators?

Do I also understand it right, that I do not have to use a Capture card - as everything is going through IP/router (and this gives even less video lagging?

ONE more thing: Will I also be able to use the Telestrator solutions to take video from a web browser and send it through to the streaming PC without lagging. I will ask my students to upload live video on different platforms like Facebook and other platforms where they can upload live video - and then I hoped to be able to use the material they have uploaded, and go through this material live with them.

Thank you so much for giving me feedback on this - truly :)

Kind regards
Bent Rune
DWAM  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 4:28:31 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Should run nicely even with an older hardware solution. I still use i7 from 2nd and 4th generation for vMix workflows including NDI.
NDI is full IP workflow so doesn't require a capture card yes
NDI is less than 1 frame latency and yes it supports browser capture
Check the Newtek website to know more about NDI
BentRS on 4/10/2018(UTC)
BentRS  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:26:56 AM(UTC)
BentRS

Thank you so much - I am on my way through NewTeck information, - yes this must be my solution, and I am so happy as I have tried for a long time to find a way to do something similar by uploading videos to webinarsystems without being able to achieve what I wanted to achieve - but this way to do it seems to be A LOT more interactive and useful way to do it (and no lagging).

I am so exited and can not wait to test this out, so I have decided to order my streaming PC for this purpose now asap, and I had one more question to be clear in my understanding: When using this setup I will use a Streaming PC with VMix and I assume the other PC will run VMix desktop capture for NDI. WIll the PC with the desktop capture be the one that also runs the Telestrator software - or is this runned in the VMix streaming PC (or both)?

Of those 2 PC's - is it the Streaming PC or the desktop Capture PC that needs to be the most powerful when it comes to CPU and Graphic card in a setup like this - and is it the VMix streaming PC that is going to have the LAN out to the internet upload (or the desktop capture PC)?

When I have limits for around 20 - 30Mbps upload (wireless broadband unfortunately, but I plan to try to secure the signal with an antenna) - I guess HD is the best quality I can plan to stream (4K will not really be possible I guess)?

Kind regards
Bent Rune
DWAM  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:42:25 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

The 2nd PC doesn't need to be as powerful as the vMix host. However there are minimum specs anyway. They are indicated for each NDI solutions you might be using.

Streaming 4K requirements are also indicated on the OVP websites. However very few people can play 4K videos. Don't spend time or money for this right now. FullHD is perfectly fine.
BentRS on 4/10/2018(UTC)
BentRS  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:48:51 PM(UTC)
BentRS

I got my "Ruby" PC and have started to play with VMix - and it is an awesome tool. I also installed the test version of the Newtek NDI Telestrator on my Surface - but have had difficulties to find my way around the workflow to make it work, so I started a new thread on this for those interested in this topic link: https://forums.vmix.com/...p;m=53087&#post53087