logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maximus  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2018 4:04:20 PM(UTC)
Maximus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I have been trying to find info on the image quality of the Newtek PTZ camera. There is lots of info on lag etc, but I can't find any reports/reviews of image quality. How is it in low light? What Make/Model camera can it be compared to? Unfortunately, I am not in a position to demo one, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Maxi

livepad  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:48:30 PM(UTC)
livepad

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Maximus wrote:
I have been trying to find info on the image quality of the Newtek PTZ camera. There is lots of info on lag etc, but I can't find any reports/reviews of image quality. How is it in low light? What Make/Model camera can it be compared to? Unfortunately, I am not in a position to demo one, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Maxi

I don't have alot to compare it with but I had it in my office for a couple of weeks and I was pretty impressed with it overall. Optics seem great, with a really clear picture without noticeable aberration even zoomed way in. Also, low light performance seemed pretty good. My office lights are often dimmed right down and I don't recall seeing any noisy images.

The NDI Latency is very low, a few frames Max.

PTZ Control is pretty good, although again I dont have much to compare with but it seemed to behave pretty well, its not like a Porsche where you push the pedal and its already moving. it takes a fraction of a second to get started, but it doesn't feel 'laggy' and it doesn't really overshoot. With the right controller you can do quite precise control even when really really zoomed in.

You will find the specification somewhat similar to :
Lumens VC-A50PN
http://www.lumens.com.tw...?new_id=124&big_id=5

All in all, there was pretty much nothing I would say was noticeably wrong with it. A very nice camera.