logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cyanide  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:51:00 PM(UTC)
Cyanide

Groups: Registered

Hi all,
Been searching around for a solution through the forums and the various youtube videos out there for vMix but cant find a solution as of yet. I do the production for one of Australians largest esports companies.

Set Up
Observer PC which connects to production PC running vMix via HDMI into a magewell 4 x HDMI capture card
I have a mixer ( have a behringer and also a Allen & Heath I have tried) for the microphone inpurs usb to PC added to vMix as an audio source
In vMix I have a range of videos, music etc that come in
Vmix default audio output it the windows default speakers which I have plugged into a H800 headphone amp to push the audio to the commentators, PA and other production staff

Problem
The audio from every source is perfect to the PA, streaming platform, local recording etc its flawless. How ever the commentators wear a headset to get the in game sound, queues etc. The in game audio, videos etc all come through in real time and perfect, but when their voices come back through the headset there is a slight delay which makes it very hard for them to talk. I can not figure out what might be causing the delay on just this source. I appreciate the microphones are the only source not coming directly from vMix as it goes through the mixer. There is no delay between them being on camera and audio coming through, just in their headsets when they talk, its around a 200ms delay.

I understand I can just mute the microphones from going to the default windows output, but for live events they will find it hard to hear each other.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
ovinas  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:50:59 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
As soon as you route audio through a PC you will have a delay. So you have to redesign your audio setup concerning the commentators microphones. Keyword: "Direct monitoring".
thanks 2 users thanked ovinas for this useful post.
sinc747 on 12/13/2017(UTC), Cyanide on 12/13/2017(UTC)
Cyanide  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:45:35 AM(UTC)
Cyanide

Thanks for that, I went straight from the mixer out to the HA800, works perfectly. Appreciate the assistance.