logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alexis Robin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:37:47 AM(UTC)
Alexis Robin

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I'm currently trying to make an integrated system on the principle of the photobooth, but with video recording.

Vmix is used to record, integrate overlay graphics, and send an output to a monitor. Everything is controlled by an iPad with a custom application, and the system is quite stable.

Currently, the recorded file is stored on an USB Key the user can take away. If the USB key is inserted before sending the record command, it works fine, but if the USB key is absent, I get an error message telling me the path to this key could not be found.

But as this system is designed to be autonomous, I can't afford to block it with an error each time the user forgets the key, nor can I afford to restart it each time it gets this problem.

I found an idea which is to send a KeyPress through the API to simulate the enter key, but I can't get it to work.

There is two functions : KeyPress and SendKeys. Which one should I use? And what is the correct value of the key string to send the enter command? I couldn't find a list of these keys on the forum so I'm asking...

Thanks in advance!
MartLeib  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:30:06 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I would not save file directly to USB. More stable solution would be to save file in local folder, create watchdog/watchfolder for that dir and when file is created, move it to the USB device.
Alexis Robin  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:01:17 AM(UTC)
Alexis Robin

MartLeib, I agree that a Watchfolder would be a more stable solution, but for now I would prefer to stabilize the system I have.

After some testing, it appears that Vmix still takes all the API commands even when an error message is displayed, it make the issue much less critical, but still relevant.