logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
keglevich  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 6:19:29 PM(UTC)
keglevich

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I've been looking around throught thw whole afternoon, but it just seems I can't answer myself a simple question. I created some playlists with vMix, added clock, subtitles, etc., stream is ready...

However, I am wondering if it is possible somehow to setup vMix to act as RTMP server? I don't want to send stream to some "outside" service, I'd just like to setup a rtmp server, so I can access it from another computers in my LAN. Is this possible with vMix, or do I need another server for this?

Simple RTMP server can be setup using VLC for instance and I successfully setup that one, but with vMix it just seems impossible to setup one.

If there's no option to setup RTMP server inside vMix directly, which software should I use to create one?

Secondly, is it possible to create multiple video rtmp streams on one single computer using one vmix instance? I'd like to have for instance "channel 1 with movie 1" and "channel 2 with movie". That means, two different streams on the same machine. Is this doable?

Thank you in advance for your time and answers. Best regards!
pm  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:06:25 AM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello

1) No, look at nginx with rtmp module or mistserver.

2) You can send a single programm to multiple destinations, but not having different programs sending to multiple destinations.

Regards,
Patrick
thanks 1 user thanked pm for this useful post.
keglevich on 11/16/2017(UTC)
keglevich  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 7:58:47 AM(UTC)
keglevich

Hello Patrick,

your answer was short, but extremely useful. I heard for nginx&rtmp, but never heard for that great mistserver. I configured it in few minutes and it's already streaming vmix stream to multiple PC's in our LAN. Stream is currently accessible through VLC (rtmp://). So really, thanks for this hint, it's just great piece of software!

Lastly, would you maybe know, how would I be able to achieve to use vmix & mistserver to stream to classic Smart TV's which use DLNA protocol? I used some udp:// streams from our iptv provider with xupnpd and openwrt router back then with classic .m3u playlists. Would I be able to create that same .m3u playlist with some stream from mistserver as well? That would be just great.

Thanks again and best regards!
bluepk  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:52:30 PM(UTC)
bluepk

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
By the way, the creation of vMix something like the RTSP server would be a cool solution. You can also use other technology - IPTV. Is there anybody here with vMix Team?