logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Amnon  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 3:59:12 PM(UTC)
Amnon

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Here is a problem I am running into, and was wondering if this was a bug.
I have three cameras plugged into the AJA card. I was trying to add a second camera to one of the existing profiles and got the error that "This device can do one resolution at a time". I tried different resolutions/frames to no avail. I removed the current camera and at that point it allowed me to add camera one and camera two. At this point I was convinced it was my error and maybe I added cameras to different profiles with different settings, so I decided to change all the profiles (about 32 of them) and use 1280x720 with NTSC 30fps across the board. It was going great but my mind wanted to know more, so I reopened a profile I just finished which had one camera, and tried to add a second one..... Nope, same error. So it seems once I save a profile I can no longer add more cameras to it, without first closing all the cameras and starting to add cameras from scratch. At this point I started editing the profiles again, closed all the cameras, added all four AJA inputs, and made only the ones I use visible on my Red layer (which I use to do the switching), so that in the case of having to add a camera all I will have to do is switch its layer/color. But after fixing about 10 of the profile I figured I would ask if there is a trick to adding cameras after a save and exit, or if this was a bug in AJA or vMix that anybody was familiar with.
Silver lining: It was a great exercise in vMix to remove and add cameras LOL
Amnon
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:18:53 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
Hi,

The Kona 3G can only accept a single video resolution and frame rate across all cameras connected to it, regardless of the settings used in vMix.
So if you have a camera sending 1080p and one sending 1080i then they both can't be used by the same capture card.

So check the video format each camera is sending to make sure they match.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
Amnon on 10/18/2017(UTC)
Amnon  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:33:52 PM(UTC)
Amnon

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
admin wrote:
Hi,
So check the video format each camera is sending to make sure they match.
Regards,
Martin
vMix

Yep, that was it. The camera is 1080i 30fps. I was changing, or thinking I was changing, these settings when I was adding a camera, to match the stream settings ot 720p 30fps. I added a camera and changed nothing and all is well, I can add more.

Thanks again Martin.

Amnon
thanks 1 user thanked Amnon for this useful post.
sinc747 on 10/18/2017(UTC)