logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
inpitlane  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 10:18:38 AM(UTC)
inpitlane

Groups: Registered

We tried vMix for the first time last weekend with a stream of Drag Racing from Adelaide Raceway in South Australia. Everything went pretty smoothly except the audio.
We had the commentators feed in as an input but it was almost a full 3 seconds ahead of the vision.
We set a delay in the settings and it all seemed to work fine, except, every now and again, about 7-10 times the audio input would just fail.
The only way to get it back was create a new input, select the USB mixer as input and select.
Within a matter of 5-10 minutes it would fail again.
Sometimes it lasted over an hour but would the fail again.
One "theory" was that it may have been caused by the close proximity of a mobile phone, but I'm more inclined to think it had something to do with the delay as it stopped happening when the delay was switched off.
BTW the stream is archived here:
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:47:49 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

3 seconds ahead! I presume you were using RTSP or another streaming protocol to ingest your cam inputs into vMix, right ?

As the case may be, you now know the limitations for such a workflow. If you want to avoid this, use SDI or fiber or NDI... Remember that most streaming protocols (except NDI) are meant for delivery to the end user, not for production.

A possible workaround is to plug your audio mixer for commentators into one of your cams. This way, audio will come in sync with the images.

Guillaume
inpitlane  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:06:39 AM(UTC)
inpitlane

Yes streaming from security cameras, unfortunately there's no audio input into them so plugging them into the stream doesn't seem an option. We would love SDI etc... But this is an ultra low budget production and the budget won't run to anything like that.
Might delaying the audio via another computer running VLC solve the problem?
Anders  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:31:24 AM(UTC)
Anders

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Does your usb mixer have effects? If so, it might be possible to put a delay effect (100% wet, 0% feedback) on the output bus and add a delay that way.
inpitlane  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 8:16:00 AM(UTC)
inpitlane

Not sure but I will look into it. Certainly not in the mixer supplied by the venue but perhaps we have something available. As I said it's a very low budget shoot so we don't want to start adding too much.
Andrew25  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 21, 2017 8:39:30 AM(UTC)
Andrew25

Audio Dr-oping can Be fixed but it take time to be fixed and Working again Properly, So You need to wait til the Processing will Stopped.Thanks you for this, I was looking for an Essay writing help and My girl friend Suggest me a Essay help But we need an Quick solution like UK essay writing They are brilliant when ever I need high quality writing work I concern to UK essay writing.