logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
atmonauti  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 2:21:04 PM(UTC)
atmonauti

Groups: Registered

Hey folks,

So we decided to pick up vMix 4K last week, and so far I'm very happy with the purchase. Coming from Livestream Studio, it's very nice to have so much customization at my fingertips.

We picked up an Xkeys XKE-124, which I also happen to be very impressed with. Everything is making sense to me as I go along and program the keys and activators, but the big thing confusing me at the moment is how exactly to 1) organize my graphics in vMix and 2) make them accessible and keyable via the control surface. Our shows are generally quite graphics heavy, so that's not making things much easier.

Our most complicated show has four different kinds of graphics: 1) Lower thirds (some that need to be repositioned, such as social handles, so I think that throws the Photos input out), 2) multi-layer comps (which I've already gotten a lot of help with in my previous thread), 3) animated segment title cards, and 4) our bug. I plan to just have the bug on overlay channel 4. So what would be the best way for me to organize and then scroll through all of these graphics via the control surface to select the right one at any given moment? The less time I have to spend on the mouse and keyboard, the better.

I tried searching through the forums for help, but just searching "overlay" netted me too many results to skim through.

Please let me know if I need to be clearer in any way. Thanks everyone.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 3:47:19 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ atmonauti

Although I am not all that familiar with your show and it's graphical requirements, I am very partial to using the "MultiView" Feature (or as I like to now refer to it the MultiLayer feature) as an upstream special effects keyer for Overlays and graphical elements that need to be accurately placed on screen as opposed to the downstream 1/2/3/4 Overlay buttons, which it sounds like you need to adjust on the fly.
With the 124 keys available to you, I'm sure you can establish a pretty awesome customization for your workflow.

Ice