logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ben1000  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 7, 2017 8:41:54 PM(UTC)
ben1000

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Howdy...

Just got a new Asus laptop and an AJA IO 4K system... It seems like using this with vMix is not really what it was designed for... and the manual leaves a little to be desired...

The control panel software doesn't seem to do much once you're running vMix. I'm guessing that vMix takes over and the control panel is no longer functional.

The SDI 1-4 connections can be configured as either input or output... These work well... The input menu on vMix recognizes 4 input channels from the AJA...

The HDMI input appears to work well, but must be assigned to input 1 or 2... This replaces one of the SDI inputs... So you're still only getting 4 channels total inputs...

I can also output either from any of the SDI ports, or the HDMI port, but the HDMI must be set to channel 1 to work...

One thing I can't quite figure out is the 'dedicated' monitor out SDI port on the AJA... I can't get that to work as an external output from vMix....

When you configure an output on vMix, it gives you the option of a FIFTH AJA output channel (there are only 4 inputs, but there appears to be FIVE outputs)... I assume this is the dedicated monitor out, but I can't get it to work... Anyone have any luck there?

Also, to get the headphones output to work on the AJA unit... Is that something you do in the Windows OS playback output? Or something in vMix...

Thanks! Just starting to work with this system so it's a lot of learning.... :)

Best,

Ben
Luis Tinoco  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 4:13:35 PM(UTC)
Luis Tinoco

Hello Ben1000 I am interested in acquiring the same equipment as you, the Asus laptop and the Aja Io 4k, would like to know exactly about the instant replay, it works like four independent cameras? I want to dedicate myself exclusively to the transmission of sporting events and that is the reason of my question, thank you.
ben1000  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:44:02 AM(UTC)
ben1000

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Howdy.

I wish I could be of more help, but I’ve never used the instant replay feature, as my corporate work has never called for that.

Best,

Ben