logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niemi  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:49:36 AM(UTC)
niemi

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
We have a reporter in the field and a host in the a studio talking to the reporter.

We want to show to show the studio to the reporter and the reporter to the studio, so that the two parts can see each other.

As default vMix call will send the program / output to the reporter. We need the program / output to be the reporter since we are sending the program to the studio. In turn the reporter will now see himself.

To fix this, under options > Outputs / NDI, I have set output 2 to be "Preview". Then I right click the vMix call input source and select "Output 2" under "Video source".

Now, when the studio is set as preview and the reporter is set at program, the two parts will see each other.

But is this the way it was intended to be set up?
clafarge  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:44:47 AM(UTC)
clafarge

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I think it was originally intended to allow the caller to see what's going out tot he world in the stream, which is my preference. When I have a panel with a moderator, I often send the moderator the Multiview so they can see everyone even while only one input is selected.

You can, of course, use Settings -> Outputs, to define something like Output 2 = Studio Input, Output 3 = Reporter Input, then right-click the vMixCall inputs the select the Video Output appropriate to each.

I hope this helps!

Chad