logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mariano_mena  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:41:56 AM(UTC)
mariano_mena

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This is very important to my.
I am using vmix in a "four independent screens output' setup on a News-Broadcast tv station
I'm using the maximum available Vmix outputs (FullScreen1, Fullscreen2, External1 & External2) (plus one more monitor for the vmix standard user interface)

I found Launchpad was the best choice to drive my Outputs as it has Lighted buttons that can be used with "Activators"
But there are no options for the Activators to identify the FullScreens nor Externals outputs

Please can you consider adding this feature ???
Best regards

mariano_mena attached the following image(s):
KVLzkfA.jpg (98kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
mariano_mena  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 4:17:08 PM(UTC)
mariano_mena

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
any news on this ?

mariano_mena wrote:
I am using vmix in a "four independent screens output' setup on a News-Broadcast tv station
I'm using the maximum available Vmix outputs (FullScreen1, Fullscreen2, External1 & External2) (plus one more monitor for the vmix standard user interface)

I found Launchpad was the best choice to drive my Outputs as it has Lighted buttons that can be used with "Activators"
But there are no options for the Activators to identify the FullScreens nor Externals outputs

Please can you consider adding this feature ???
Best regards

Yannick  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:22:06 AM(UTC)
Yannick

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I am running a similar setup with a launchpad. I only have two independent screens but the problem is the same.
My suggestion for a workaround is to use ovelay channels to send different pictures to the screens.
In your case each overlay would represent one screen. In the output settings you only select the overlay you want to show on that screen.
Then you use the OverlayInputx shortcut on your launchpad to send the picture to that screen.
Then you can use the overlay activator to highlight which input is shown on the screen.

This solution also enables you to use transitions (can be selected via the overlay settings), which is not possible with your current solution if I recall correctly.
However the downside of this workaround for you is, that you won´t be able to use any overlays anymore as you need all 4 for the outputs.

I still think the dedicated activator would be usefull so:
+1