logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvphobic  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 2:02:16 PM(UTC)
jvphobic

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Maybe I am overlooking something very easy. But is there a way for me to mute the replay clip's audio and choose another one of my camera's live audio during the replay?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 2:13:50 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ jvphonic

There are probably a couple of different ways to set that up and depending on your actual workflow and specific need will determine your best course of action.
Essentially, you need to turn off or lower the volume of your Replay Input (vMix Audio Mixer) and insure that the Audio source you want is either "Always ON" or at least on when the Replay Input is live (speaker icon green and double arrow button off).
Hope that helps some.

Ice

jvphobic  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 2:19:21 PM(UTC)
jvphobic

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Is that something that can be done with a trigger? Because in the "heat of the event" I wouldn't want to mess around with that. Currently I am in charge of switching and replay. And I don't want to have to manually turn off audio during a commercial break.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 4, 2017 2:58:04 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ jvphonic

Yes, "Triggers" and/or "Shortcuts" can be used.
Again, because I am not aware of your workflow requirements, it's difficult to determine what the best approach would be.
If the 'behaviour' you want is consistent every time you use "that" Input, then you can set-up the scenario with either "Triggers" and/or MultiLayer Overlays (MultiView), but the bottom line is, you may also need to set-up some Shortcuts or Triggers to "undo" what you've done as well...
As stated, there are a number of different ways to do it, what works best for you may have to be experimented and played with a bit to get right but I am confident that you will come up with the solution that you will be proud of. Such is the power and customizability of vMix.

Ice