logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gdudzinski  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:56:46 PM(UTC)
gdudzinski

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Hi everyone. I just got a new camera to do my live streaming (Canon Vixia HF R82) and using elgato HD60 video/audio adapter.. The video worked great yesterday using the regular webcam mic, well with huge audio / video synch issues.

Anyways, I got a rode mic, attached it to the camera and trying get sound from the mic into vmix. any suggestions..

I tried using the elgato adapter as the audio source, main audio, and nothing. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Greg
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:32:56 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ gdudzinski

I am not familiar with the Elgato HD60, but I take it that it is not capturing the camera's audio, is that correct?
Of course, this is a GAME capturing device and as near as I can figure, needs to be configured within a game to deliver the game audio (which I would expect is equivalent to the camera audio in this case) however, there is likely no setting in the camera to accomplish this.
Is there any way to plug the rode mic directly into the computer?
This would probably give you the same sync issues you had with the webcam mic, BUT you should be able to add a delay to your audio to sync up with your video (I assume the audio is ahead of the video). This is done in the Settings of the Audio Input (cog wheel -> General -> Audio Settings Button @ middle right -> Delay Slider).
Hope that helps some.
Ultimately, you might be better off with an actual camera capture device.

Ice
gdudzinski  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:40:22 PM(UTC)
gdudzinski

Man
United States

Hey Ice, that is correct! I've read and seen youtube on this working fine, though you may be right.. It is not picking up the Rode mic from camcorder as you expressed... I know black magic makes a capture card but was going with $170 versus their $400-500.. LOLOL

Thanks Ice!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:54:15 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ gdudzinski

There are certainly a number of options available in and around your price point:

https://www.bhphotovideo...es/ci/14774/N/3545908106

But it's worth a shot to try and get the Elgato HD60 to work for you since you already have it...
(the BMD Mini Recorder is probably the best option, professionally speaking, although I have my biases against BlackMagic)

Ice
gdudzinski  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 2:22:15 PM(UTC)
gdudzinski

Man
United States

Thanks Ice, I've heard some issues with them myself.

Thanks!
SportsNetUSA.net  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:26:54 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Elgato HD60 is not a supported device as per vMix Supported Hardware

http://www.vmix.com/software/su...are.aspx#capturehardware

gdudzinski  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 5:15:00 PM(UTC)
gdudzinski

Man
United States

Thanks! The HD6O S is. I have it working and using an external mic and have it synced pretty close now, setting the audio delay at 485...

I may try another device and would love any suggestions on what anyone else is using for live streaming video, like a video podcast, etc... not gaming..

Thanks!
gdudzinski  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 5:19:28 PM(UTC)
gdudzinski

Man
United States

I meant the HD60 S is on the list, I have the HD60
SportsNetUSA.net  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 6:38:27 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

I had a AverMedia Live Gamer Portable that I tried to use with vMix. Never would work properly, though I know some vMix users had success with it. Perhaps someone with an Elgato HD 60 will reply with a trick they know that has worked for them.

As far as USB capture, Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI is a solid choice. I've never had an issue with it. Also, the Inogeni USB 3.0 works well. Based on my experience with their other products, I would think the AJA U-Tap should be very reliable unit. Magewell has new 4K devices, but they aren't on the vMix Supported Hardware list yet.
zenvideo  
#10 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 3:22:31 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
SportsNetUSA.net wrote:
Magewell has new 4K devices, but they aren't on the vMix Supported Hardware list yet.

If you mean the USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus, it's based on the same UVC interface standard as all the other Magewell Gen-2 USB Capture devices, so there's no reason to think it won't work. As Martin said in a recent FunTime show, they don't get every single model of capture card to test, especially when there's a family of products with similar characteristics. According to the site, they only support the "USB Capture HDMI/SDI (XI100DUSB)" and not the 32060/32070 Gen-2 versions or any of the Capture Plus HDMI/SDI/DVI range, but I can assure you that all those models do work just fine with vMix.
gdudzinski  
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 11:41:06 AM(UTC)
gdudzinski

Man
United States

you guys are awesome and greatly appreciate your help! I got the audio and video to sync finally though of course want to have a little latency as possible, thus asking for suggestions on video cards, etc....

Again many thanks!

Greg
SportsNetUSA.net  
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 23, 2017 1:27:48 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

zenvideo wrote:
SportsNetUSA.net wrote:
Magewell has new 4K devices, but they aren't on the vMix Supported Hardware list yet.

If you mean the USB Capture HDMI 4K Plus, it's based on the same UVC interface standard as all the other Magewell Gen-2 USB Capture devices, so there's no reason to think it won't work. As Martin said in a recent FunTime show, they don't get every single model of capture card to test, especially when there's a family of products with similar characteristics. According to the site, they only support the "USB Capture HDMI/SDI (XI100DUSB)" and not the 32060/32070 Gen-2 versions or any of the Capture Plus HDMI/SDI/DVI range, but I can assure you that all those models do work just fine with vMix.

I thought the USB Capture Plus line probably worked with vMix, but not being a Magewell reseller or associated with official testing, it would not be prudent for me to state they are compatible with vMix.

There is a video on YouTube "How to capture a 4Kp60 gameplay from the PS4 Pro using USB Capture HDMI Plus along with OBS" that sounds as if you are the narrator. Am I correct?
zenvideo  
#13 Posted : Monday, July 24, 2017 3:46:53 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
SportsNetUSA.net wrote:
There is a video on YouTube "How to capture a 4Kp60 gameplay from the PS4 Pro using USB Capture HDMI Plus along with OBS" that sounds as if you are the narrator. Am I correct?

Yes, I've ended up script-editing the English language version and recording the voice-over for a few of their tutorial videos.