logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Potimus  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 6:13:26 AM(UTC)
Potimus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have done a couple live shows with Vmix to test out some of the options. Having 10 layers on virtual sets is awesome, gives me the ability to do a lot of things.

Automation and triggers are my friend!!! Doing one man productions is difficult but using triggers to to automate helps a ton. Also the web controller is awesome. I don't have to be right next to the computer to change inputs. Only thing I wish I could do is organize them a little more. Put some space between the buttons to group them.

Virtual sets - it took a while but having the ability to have a virtual set inside another virtual set is awesome. Also the ability to change all the inputs through the web controller is awesome!!!

The layout is very different then what I'm used to...used more traditional switchers before so getting used to this took some time but triggers have almost made it unnecessary to use the actual input selection part.

Vmix call is awesome! I have used it a couple times and it's great. If you can get the few technical issues fixed, firewall issues, browser not functioning, it works great. It gives me so many more opportunities to get guests and do shows. I have an idea for a local sports talk show using multiple remote guests that I just wouldn't have done before because of the setup.

Gotta clean up some audio issues but I think it's starting to come together.

thanks 1 user thanked Potimus for this useful post.
Kivumbig on 6/19/2017(UTC)
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:39:23 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Potimus

Congrats PJ, your show is off to a good start and will only get better as it evolves and you learn the ropes of vMix's awesome capabilities.
Have you been able to determine why your audio levels are so low compared to your guests?
(that will make a big improvement for starters)
I didn't watch either of your linked shows in their entirety, but rather only various points along the way, so I'm not sure if you changed things up much, but I would recommend using more fullscreen shots interspersed with different split screen configurations.
Keep up the great work!

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
Kivumbig on 6/19/2017(UTC)
Curt M  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:57:50 PM(UTC)
Curt M

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Just DO IT!

You'll grow with every glitch. Just smile and keep going.