logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CryOut  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 10:18:36 AM(UTC)
CryOut

Groups: Registered

I am new and have never built a PC before.I am trying to build a Ruby system.So far i have bought the GTX 1080 and a Z270X-Gaming 7.What is left to buy is the BMD Quad 2. Does anyone know where i can get a good deal? I feel like i am breaking the bank but also need a good system for my streaming that will last for a while. Also can anyone give me assistance via skype or Facetime the day i will be building so i don't make any mistakes?
Will this system be be compatible with a Mevo Live Stream Camera that does 4k?
I am sorry for to many questions but i am really a newbie,i have to google some terminologies to understand what some of you write in your posts.
Thanks
Teddy
RobLambert  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 5:18:22 PM(UTC)
RobLambert

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
What I wonder is why are you not waiting two more weeks and getting a motherboard with the X299 chip type.... why be out of date the day after you complete your build?

Not an expert and I wonder about what will be best for vmix; however, it seems clear to me that you can and should wait.... what you will buy in three weeks will be good for three years....

Maybe I am full of it...

Rob
thanks 1 user thanked RobLambert for this useful post.
CryOut on 6/13/2017(UTC)
CryOut  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:36:49 PM(UTC)
CryOut

RobLambert wrote:
What I wonder is why are you not waiting two more weeks and getting a motherboard with the X299 chip type.... why be out of date the day after you complete your build?

Not an expert and I wonder about what will be best for vmix; however, it seems clear to me that you can and should wait.... what you will buy in three weeks will be good for three years....

Maybe I am full of it...

Rob

Rob, Thanks so much for that advice,i am taking back the Z270X Gaming 7 for a refund while waiting for the X299. Please don't hesitate to Pm for any advice.I am really a novice on every aspect.

Thanks
Teddy
CryOut  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:27:15 PM(UTC)
CryOut

Hey Rob,
Guess what?I went and returned the 270X a few hours ago only to find out Intel has pushed its release date of the new processors and X299 further.Below is the news from PC World.
So i will likely go back and buy it then sell later on Ebay or amazon when the New Processor and Mother Board is out.
What Do you think?
Teddy

The latest news

At the PC Gaming show at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) on June 12, Intel senior vice president Gregory Bryant announced that Intel would begin taking preorders for the Core i7 X-series chips and the 10-core Core i9 7900X the week of June 20. Intel will launch the 12-core Core i9-7920X, the 14-core Core i9-7940X, the 16-core Core i9-7960X, and the 18-core Core i9-7980XE from August through October, with exact dates and pricing to be disclosed later. (Intel confirmed separately that the 12-core i9-7920X will launch in August, and the 18-core Core i9-7980XE in October.)

IceStream  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 14, 2017 10:30:57 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ CryOut

Although having the latest and greatest can be ego boosting, it's not always the wisest decision to be the first on the block with new and "unproven" hardware, especially on your first build...
(case in point, the x99 mobo's)
You won't go wrong with "tried tested and true" components for the most part and may even save a few bucks by scaling back on some items with the appropriate research.
For example, AFAIK vMix does not take full advantage of the features of the 1080 so unless you have other programs that can benefit from it, vMix's needs are fully met by the 1070.
(reference the vMix Fun Time Live Shows, I think May 2017, but I don't remember for sure).

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
CryOut on 6/14/2017(UTC)
RobLambert  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:25:34 PM(UTC)
RobLambert

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Ice, you are right. If the system is dedicated to vMix it seems that more is not always MORE!

If I wasn't in a hurry I would wait a few months and look for reviews. Now I will wait a few more weeks and glean what I can. For sure, a solid option is to build a top of the line Ruby system with the older motherboard design which we all know works and is dependable.... ONLY experience and the designers of vMix can tell us for sure whether the software can take advantage of the newer fancier chips and motherboards.....i suspect the answer is probably not too well right now.

Since I have no choice but to build a new computer in the next 30 days I plan on going with the i9 ten core chip and let vMix grow into it.... I will be betting good money that the professionals at vMix will figure out a way to take advantage of all that power over time.....I think that is a safe bet also.

Keep your eyes pealed for reviews from people using vmix who have implemented it on the new X299 motherboard and fancier i7 or i9 chips.... they will be the first to let you know if they feel that they have wasted even one penny on needless stuff.

I also keep my computers for way too long; and, I hate to start with an out of date system. That is just the conspicuous consumer in me.

Rob