logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tzichterman  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2017 2:41:22 PM(UTC)
tzichterman

Groups: Registered

Hey all, I hope someone can point me in the right direction! I am new to VMix and am learning as I go. The training videos are excellent but I think I am a little stuck. I run a weekly show that is locally displayed across three TV screens with a total resolution of 5760x1080 (basically 3 65" TVs combined horizontally). This presentation is also streamed to 4 different remote locations. I can configure the presentation to display correctly across the screens locally using the "video and image positioning" but when I set it up that way the presentation looks smashed in the remote audience TVs (1920x1080). Is there a way to get this accomplished so both audiences see the show in the correct format?

Thank you in advance,
Tom
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2017 8:29:01 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ tzichterman

Can you provide a visual of what you mean?
How are you streaming to your remote locations?
AFAIK, 5760x1080 is not a supported resolution (or aspect ratio supported in streaming).

Ice
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:46:40 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
If your local presentation is super-wide (3x1080p) and your online presentation is normal I suggest you handle them separately.

Handle the local production by whatever means you desire. Then use that as a source (or sources) for another instance of vMix. That second instance can feed the online stream.
tzichterman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:29:02 PM(UTC)
tzichterman

MJGraves - so you mean have 2 different VMIX installs running simultaneously?
tzichterman  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:35:49 PM(UTC)
tzichterman

What I have been doing is creating a multi view for each setup (one with a normal aspect ratio for the stream and one for the local that looks scrunched when viewed on a single TV but spread across all 3 65" TVs looks great!). Then I set the Fullscreen option to Output and Fullscreen2 to Input 1. I then created a bunch of multi views that will allow me to transition cameras (tight and wide with different angles, etc.) and program shortcuts to the web controller so I can easily swap both the local presentation and stream through a series of buttons. It works ok but probably not ideal. Sorry if that is confusing but this is really difficult to explain in a post!

Thanks,
Tom
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 7:03:41 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ tzichterman

If I have understood you correctly Tom, I would suggest you check out vMixUTC and view Guillaume's (DWAM) tutorial on how to use it to switch within a Multiview Input (I think we are trying to relabel those Inputs as MultiLayer to avoid confusion with the MultiView screen Output, we'll have to see if the terminology takes) here's the link to the tutorial:

https://forums.vmix.com/...ts&m=34998#post34998

Ice