logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zamadatix  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:04:52 PM(UTC)
zamadatix

Groups: Registered

I installed the 60 day trial to look at the streaming capabilities and ran into an issue with window capture. The titlebar and border are not colored the same as the window and the title is missing. Menu elements such as file highlight and depress when clicked but the capture does not show the pop up menu itself. This happens on all of the applications I have tried. Using the desktop capture tool as a source rather than local capture seems to work fine but the performance and framerate is not as good.

zamadatix attached the following image(s):
vmix.png (81kb) downloaded 12 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:34:55 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ zamadatix

Welcome to the forum.
What are the specs of your system?
And what is the app or window you are attempting to capture?
You may get better results if you do a screen capture as opposed to a window or Application capture. It might be an issue with your GPU but then again, it's hard to tell from the image you shared since the captured window looks pretty much the same on the Input screen and the Program screen.

Ice

Ice
zamadatix  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:12:44 PM(UTC)
zamadatix

IceStream wrote:

What are the specs of your system?

Intel Xeon, 128 GB ECC RAM, Nvidia Titan X (Pascal), Windows 10 x64 Pro Creator's update (1703)

IceStream wrote:

And what is the app or window you are attempting to capture?

Any windowed app, in my actual setup a few but primarily trying to capture the title bar and toolbar menus of Snes9x.

IceStream wrote:

You may get better results if you do a screen capture as opposed to a window or Application capture.

Screen capture does work but unfortunately that requires I keep all windows in place as well as not accidentally cover them up.

IceStream wrote:

It might be an issue with your GPU but then again, it's hard to tell from the image you shared since the captured window looks pretty much the same on the Input screen and the Program screen.

Maybe this capture makes it a bit easier to see. The first problem is the titlebar is completely white whereas in the window it was gray and had the application icon and name. The second is the drop down menus are completely hidden. I'd like to capture each in my setup as a few titles have version info and the menus help to show I'm not cheating as well as let me show various features are enabled/disabled on stream.

As a corollary is there not a way to capture a single window's audio without capturing desktop audio or needing to do it via NDI audio? I could have swore this was a feature of older vMix versions when I tried it out.
zamadatix attached the following image(s):
vmix2.png (32kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.