logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 2:50:19 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

When using the title designer, a single animation does not meet the design requirements. Want to be in the title designer to add animation design elements! I believe that other people and I have the same idea!
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:05:25 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

please search the forum before posting the same question again and again. this very same subject comes back every week!

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
stigaard on 5/14/2017(UTC)
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 8:11:09 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ 540144407

I think because there are 'alternative' and third party solutions for this, the developers of vMix have chosen to provide only the basic elements within the "FREE" vMix Title Designer tool included with vMix. As both you and Guillaume point out, there is tremendous interest in this as is evidenced by the number of threads dealing with animated graphics in just the past year:

https://forums.vmix.com/...aspx?g=posts&t=10743
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=9615
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=8780
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=8408
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=6533
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=6408
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=6126
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=6090
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=5924
https://forums.vmix.com/....aspx?g=posts&t=5654

However, in all fairness to Martin and his team, high end or more sophisticated graphic design tools are beyond the scope of vMix's primary purpose, that is, as a production switcher.
Would it be nice?
For sure, but such things would likely come at a price, and I am not sure that vMix is anxious to develop new software that would compete with some already pretty sophisticated CG tools out there.
Just my thoughts.

Ice
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 8:44:51 AM(UTC)

@IceStream
Your argument is very reasonable because in the visual requirements of the higher live hope that you can use some of the combination of the animation title of the way to show.Compared with the program is not a professional program the custom xaml is a bit difficult.

In making the combined animation title.I prefer to use PowerPoint.Because it meets the demand.So my request is very reasonable

doggy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 14, 2017 10:39:12 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Have to concur with Guillaume and Ice here.

No matter what vMix offers in terms of titles or any other third party solution it will never suit everybody. for one they are to basic for the other to fancy. the fact one is able to create (or let someone ) a title to ones specific is already a huge plus IMO and not stuck to a one should fit all. Maybe not always easy if the wishes are complicated but at least one can.

Loving the fact I am not stuck to someone else's vision of how they should look like or work ;-)
Even love more the fact of the combinations one can create with and around vMix, even automated

Guy

madden64freak  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2017 12:02:34 PM(UTC)
madden64freak

As I read through this thread, I feel like it begs me to ask the question why is it wrong for someone to ask for improvements to the title designer? That seems to be the impression I'm getting. That it's wrong to ask for the title designer to be better because someone else already has, and/or there are third party things that exist. The OP wants the title designer to be improved from its current state. What's wrong with that? I'd like the title designer to be better too. I'm not saying it's bad. It does a lot of good things, but I'd still like it to be better. I'm not trying to start a flame war here, please don't think I'm angry or trolling or some crap like that. I just don't see why you all seem so down on the OP for asking for a better title designer. I'd also like to directly respond to some of the comments of others here. (respectfully)

@IceStream, I think "FREE" vMix Title Designer depends on your perspective. I spent $350 this year on vMix and will likely spend an additional $350 to upgrade to the 4K version here in a month or two. I see the title designer as part of the software package that I purchased, and I'm not seeing anything on the vMix feature description pages that tell me otherwise. So the way I see it, I've got 350 reasons (soon to be 700) as to why it should be ok for me and any other customer to make a feature request that the title designer be improved. If you don't care if the title designer gets improved, or have a third party title designer that's better.....that's cool. The title designer might not be a priority for you and your use case for vMix, and you may want other features implemented first. That's cool too. But, it seems like there's a disagreement here as to what the scope of vMix's primary purpose is here. I would think that the whole of vMix customers determine the primary purpose of vMix, and if there's a bunch of customers that are requesting improvements to the title designer, then isn't it reasonable to consider that improving the title designer be included within the scope of the primary purpose of vMix? It seems that by your comments, you're trying to arbitrarily limit the scope of the primary purpose of vMix to things that suit your purposes, or perhaps it already does all the things you need it to do. In my primary workflow, the title designer accounts for at least 15 of my inputs, and often more depending on the show I'm doing. Improvements to the title designer could potentially greatly streamline my workflow. Now, with all that said, IceStream, I'm glad you posted and presented your opinion and perspective. I just humbly and respectfully disagree with you for the reasons above.

@DWAM, I agree that it's not the greatest thing to have a lot of repeat threads of the same thing. But which existing thread then is the correct one to add to? The most recent one? The oldest one? Your thread? The thread with the most responses? That being said, the large amount of posts that seem to be easily dug up should say something about customers wanting improvements to the title designer. And perhaps, (vMix developers, I mean this in the kindest way possible) the developers should take notice, or maybe they already have, and are keeping their plans close to their vests. I'm sure improving the title designer is somewhere on their list of priorities, but perhaps it should be closer to the top.....maybe it already is. I would think though that the large number of threads should send a message where the priorities of vMix customers are. I'd much rather see the OP say what he'd like vMix to be able to do for him, rather than him be silent because other people have expressed similar ideas in the past. Again, all respect for your comments and your point of view.

IceStream  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2017 10:57:57 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ madden64freak

I hope my previous post is not perceived as an attack or chastisement of the OP, or that I don't think vMix needs improvements, that was certainly not my intent.
I very much appreciate your comments and views. And I don't necessarily disagree with you, in fact I wholeheartedly agree that it is always a good thing to seek improvements. My response was not meant to discourage that, but rather, to put expectations in perspective. There are many aspects of vMix and it's assorted plug-ins that I would like to see changes to and I am confident that we will see improvements as the program evolves and matures, I just don't see it happening very quickly for the very reasons I outlined above. These, of course, are just my own views but we have to keep in mind that vMix is somewhat of a 'niche' product (that is, as near as I can tell, priced accordingly and fairly IMHO) and although $350 to $1200 is a lot of money and probably out of reach for the average guy on the street, it's a lot cheaper and a better bang for your buck than some of the alternatives out there. The main point I was trying to make was that any improvements to the Software and it's Plug-ins is likely to result in higher prices than what we currently have, which can be evidenced in the development of Instant Replay in vMix 15 a few years ago. There was substantial interest and requests to "improve" the Video Delay feature for such a 'replay' purpose; and the developers listened and consulted with users and soon enough came out with the "Instant Replay" feature. It required a substantial re-write to the software and hence added $500 to the price tag for the top-of-the-line version of vMix. I'm not complaining, I'm just relaying the reality of the business side of the equation. If making 'improvements' to the vMix Title Designer requires a major re-write of the software, I'm not so sure it would be included for "FREE", or let me re-phrase that, the current 'Included' basic version is likely to remain but an enhanced 'Animation Creator' Character Generator compatible with vMix as well as any other vision mixer out there is likely to have an associated price tag with it. I don't think this is a bad thing, in fact it would be a great thing and a great improvement for vMix. But unless it leads to sky rocketing sales, it's not likely to be "FREE" or included with every version of vMix. Again, just my thoughts.

With regards to multiple threads on the same subject, I realize that sometimes on the forum, comments can appear blunt with respect to the 'RULES' and "Search before posting" requests, but I can assure you, the members here are among the most helpful and gracious you'll find on any forum, and while it may come across as an 'attack', it is never meant as such, but rather as a kind reminder (to everyone) that feature requests can better be kept track of and gain more support if kept together and not spread out across the more than 10,000 posts in this forum. We might not always agree, but we all hang out here for the same reason and maintaining decorum makes it easier for everyone to get the most out of this community.

As I re-read my post, I realize it sounds maybe a little self righteous, but again, that's not my intent, we are all very fortunate to have a community here that, to date, is unmoderated (monitored yes, but not moderated) and hopefully, with everyone's cooperation, we will be able to keep it that way for a long time to come. With all due respect to our friend from New York, I sincerely appreciate your perspective and I can honestly say that I don't disagree with your premise, but I think that perhaps you have misunderstood what I was trying to say. Hopefully, I have provided a little more clarity in this post.

Ice
thanks 2 users thanked IceStream for this useful post.
richardgatarski on 5/22/2017(UTC), madden64freak on 5/22/2017(UTC)
madden64freak  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 22, 2017 1:15:02 PM(UTC)
madden64freak

@IceStream, I appreciate your response, and clarity. Thanks.
RichShumaker  
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:47:29 AM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
First I read the whole thread. Which for me was an accomplishment, go me.
Second and the reason I am posting is to explain how the feature request section was explained to me.
So 'me' I have a feature request and I post it. It needs to be as specific as possible with as much detail as possible. Requests like 'make a better transition' would be a junk request. How do 'you' want it to be better. For my example I posted a request to change the decimal base rotations to degrees as I don't understand a 1.74 rotation but I do understand a 90 degree rotation.

Now once you make a request other people read that request and add a comment, +1 or Me Too. Something to indicate they want it too.

So for every 'good' or 'viable' thread that has titler improvements you should +1 it

We as a group can make things better by creating great feature requests. With details on what we want specifically. That makes it possible for the programmers to understand what we really want.

vMix listens and responds so they will make the changes for things they see the community wants.

Thanks everyone.