logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jboze  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:20:12 PM(UTC)
Jboze

Groups: Registered

Hey all,

So a little background, I work doing streaming sports for a University in the US and have been testing out and loving vMix and UTC. But as some of you may know with college sports, rosters and starting lineups in particular may not be available to you until minutes before an event starts. So my question is this, what is your preferred workflow for doing starting lineup graphics for sporting events using either vMix or UTC?

Right now I am planning to use a .txt notepad document and the List Widget in UTC to do my starting lineups because I have been having issues with google docs getting the "too many requests" error. I was wondering if there were a quicker way to go about this, i.e being able to just select spreadsheet cells with the starters information. or is the way I am doing it going to be the quickest.

Regards!
Siroki  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 9:14:29 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Jboze wrote:
Hey all,

So a little background, I work doing streaming sports for a University in the US and have been testing out and loving vMix and UTC. But as some of you may know with college sports, rosters and starting lineups in particular may not be available to you until minutes before an event starts. So my question is this, what is your preferred workflow for doing starting lineup graphics for sporting events using either vMix or UTC?

Right now I am planning to use a .txt notepad document and the List Widget in UTC to do my starting lineups because I have been having issues with google docs getting the "too many requests" error. I was wondering if there were a quicker way to go about this, i.e being able to just select spreadsheet cells with the starters information. or is the way I am doing it going to be the quickest.

Regards!

I was watching how tv stations do this. They ask lineups as soon as possible and enter names like everyone else. Try to find out few days earlier the names of all players end prepare lists before the match.

But everyone is typing names at the place because for example a international soccer match, you can't know which player is there, on trials or from youth academy, who is injured etc etc

Best regards
stevespaw  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 9:52:44 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Jboze wrote:
Hey all,

So a little background, I work doing streaming sports for a University in the US
Regards!

You know all of this is available in StatCrew, if you are doing US college sports? Just get a connection to their ftp and sync to the xml. You will need to work with the schools SID.

Steve
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 2:20:45 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
I think going for datasource is the best option, either, as Steve suggested, using an available service that does the job for you, or by developing your own database interface that you can update via a web page. Here I'm thinking about a database having all teams players with a tick box column to easily select those who start the play.

Guillaume
Jboze  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 3:37:08 PM(UTC)
Jboze

DWAM wrote:
I think going for datasource is the best option, either, as Steve suggested, using an available service that does the job for you, or by developing your own database interface that you can update via a web page. Here I'm thinking about a database having all teams players with a tick box column to easily select those who start the play.

Guillaume

Sadly, I know nothing about creating a database, or how to link up to our "Stat Broadcast" which is the program out athletic department uses. I guess I will just have to learn how to read and type a lot faster.