logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eldelementez  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:30:15 AM(UTC)
eldelementez

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Last year we bought 2x Elgato HD60 Pro PCI Express capture cards for a project (we wanted to capture two PCs into our vMix system).

We quickly discovered that whilst both devices were working within Windows, we could only use one or the other, as both devices did not work at the same time (either with their drivers, or with vMix, I cannot remember). We moved to using NDI which solved many of our issues and the recent improvements with 3.5 have been much welcomed!

Moving onto our latest project, we need to ingest two PlayStation 4's into our vMix system.

Did the problem with multiple Elgato cards ever get resolved? Has anyone found a solution to make both work?

We were planning to convert HDMI -> SDI using Blackmagic converters into our Blackmagic Decklink Duo 2 however during my browsing I can see that PlayStation 4's and Blackmagics do not play nicely together and we will struggle to get this working nicely at 1080p/60FPS.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Or even a dual HDMI capture card which works well with vMix?
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:16:08 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
I've not used the Elgato cards, but it sounds like the drivers are not written to support multiple cards in the same computer. Both Magewell and Yuan make multi-channel HDMI input cards which will work with vMix (as well as single channel cards which can be used in multiples). E.g. Magewell 11080 Pro Capture Dual HDMI, or older models like the XI200XE Mini (Dual DVI/HDMI/VGA).
thanks 1 user thanked zenvideo for this useful post.
eldelementez on 7/25/2018(UTC)
eldelementez  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:23:58 AM(UTC)
eldelementez

zenvideo wrote:
I've not used the Elgato cards, but it sounds like the drivers are not written to support multiple cards in the same computer. Both Magewell and Yuan make multi-channel HDMI input cards which will work with vMix (as well as single channel cards which can be used in multiples). E.g. Magewell 11080 Pro Capture Dual HDMI, or older models like the XI200XE Mini (Dual DVI/HDMI/VGA).

That is good info to know, I looked at the Yuan cards but there seemed to be difficulties with sourcing them in the UK on my cursory look. Thanks for info on the Magewell, will have a look into that.

I have contacted Elgato asking about drivers for multiple devices, if I hear anything I will update here.
kane  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 3:08:54 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Connect Spark HDMI units can be a good solution for getting console systems into a live production.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
thanks 1 user thanked kane for this useful post.
eldelementez on 7/25/2018(UTC)
eldelementez  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:03:16 PM(UTC)
eldelementez

I've just heard from Elgato that their 3.7 version of their game capture software now supports multiple cards with their new driver, which works with OBS but untested with vMix. They believe it should work with vMix 64bit. I will try and test this tomorrow or Wednesday and report back on whether or not it was successful!

eldelementez  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 10:54:59 AM(UTC)
eldelementez

Quick update:

After a full uninstall of both the Game Capture software, and the drivers, then a reboot and fresh install, I now have two Elgato HD60 Pros running simultaneously with vMix 64bit.

Hopefully this may help someone else in the future!