logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PopisDad  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 7:25:48 PM(UTC)
PopisDad

Groups: Registered

I'm not sure if this is a valid feature request, or that there might be other ways to achieve this?

But many times with a sharp greenscreen background image it looks sharper than the foreground camera image - and looks totally wrong.

Is there a way? Or could this be added to the Colour Key section of vMix perhaps? Such that the focus of the image could be adjusted?

Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated!

?
Peter B  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 8:38:03 PM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Defocus has been requested several times but it's unlikely due to the processing demands but it could be restricted to high end gpus. Resolve will defocus in live mode. I don't know of other software that will defocus realtime ?

If your backgrounds aren't live you could pre produce softer versions. You could shoot a monitor with a camera.
zenvideo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 4:08:12 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Adobe Premiere has had a Gaussian Blur real-time effect (using Nvidia Cuda GPUs) since CS5 (~2010), so I would think it's technically possible within vMix on a modern GTX card. Otherwise, for now, unless your chromakey background is live video, just pre-blur your background image/video via suitable editing software.
mjgraves  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 4:07:23 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I would think that a simple convolution filter would be pretty lightweight. Might not offer as much control as you would like.
Peter B  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 8:37:47 PM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
mjgraves wrote:
I would think that a simple convolution filter would be pretty lightweight. Might not offer as much control as you would like.

That sounds hopefull. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this but I use it a lot when using the Sony 7000 at work, sometimes it's upstream feeding vMix. Graphics or boxes on a defocussed live background looks so much more dimemsional or a curtain warmer wide shot prior to a live stream. I can then pull focus back to the camera clean with a mix. The Sony can defocus up to 18 live sources.
mjgraves  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 3:40:31 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Peter B wrote:
That sounds hopefull. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this but I use it a lot when using the Sony 7000 at work, sometimes it's upstream feeding vMix. Graphics or boxes on a defocussed live background looks so much more dimemsional or a curtain warmer wide shot prior to a live stream. I can then pull focus back to the camera clean with a mix. The Sony can defocus up to 18 live sources.

Sure, you can use soft focus to mimic depth-of-field. I used to use this a lot when working post projects using Ultimatte.
StepBackInTime_TV  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2018 8:11:04 AM(UTC)
StepBackInTime_TV

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
If this could be done with a low performance hit, it would certainly be very convenient.

+1