logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HWL1223  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 24, 2018 1:44:02 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
perhaps I have missed it, but are there tools to design the input multiview patterns? I know I can create them but it seems only around the templates that already exist, using the "up to" 10 screens.

Maybe if there was a way to label them or have individual patterns...let me try to be clear...

for example, lets say I build a screen with a background, a major graphic, and two or three camera headshots
(meaning 4 or 5 windows); if I make several patterns that use the 4-by pattern as the template, then when I start vMix, they all have the same Inputs, that is vMix doesn't memorize the different inputs (cameras in this case) individually but uses the original template until I modify or create another color input and re-assign the camera shots. (Of course a saved preset will preserve a program layout - but I am talking about building layouts/new shows from scratch.)

On another note, when I have the multi views set up, the merge effect is super as it simulates an automation sequence as I switch between 2 and three camera shots!

Thanks, HWL
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:57:13 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Check the documentation. Everything you're asking is documented

Also watch this :

FYI, vMix "remembers" perfectly multiviews layouts when correctly used and provides everything you need to save everything

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
HWL1223 on 4/25/2018(UTC)
rowby  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 5:32:18 PM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Hi HWL,

As part of an answer to your question, attached is a graphic I use for vMix Calls. Note that it is a PNG file with cut out "holes" which are transparent alpha channels. I created it in now unsupported program from Adobe called Fireworks. But you could use Photoshop or Illustrator or something similar that can create alpha.

I follow these steps

1. "Add Input" then selecting from its dropdown "Blank"
2 Then using the Multiview tab I put the attached graphic "closest" to the camera.

3) Behind the graphic I position my various vMix Call inputs. I use vMix's Position > crop feature to fit them into the holes, so the inputs don't overlap each other.

I think that's it...

Rowby
rowby attached the following image(s):
for vmix forrum- example.png (291kb) downloaded 42 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked rowby for this useful post.
HWL1223 on 4/25/2018(UTC)
HWL1223  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 5:47:06 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thanks to DWAM as I had missed that tutorial! Rowby, what I was trying to figure out was a way to easily define or ID particular cameras. I have tried both individual Color Inputs and "virtuals" of them.

It can get confusing when flipping between different camera shots. I typically have a background which is always on, and rotate between 2-3 cameras in a horizontal line and a graphic or PPT shot with 2-3 cameras vertically on the right. My overlays are titles for the various talent but they could also be in the multiview.

Again, its the consistency Im looking for so I can jump easily between cameras.

Also, it would be nice if there was an automated way to size multiple boxes simultaneously to best fill the screen according to the various layouts. Now I just have to copy the actual position info, one by one.
HWL1223 attached the following image(s):
vMix Capture 24 April 2018 16-45-40.png (697kb) downloaded 25 time(s).
vMix Capture 24 April 2018 16-45-51.png (1,275kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
vMix Capture 24 April 2018 16-45-29.png (590kb) downloaded 8 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
rowby  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2018 6:12:21 PM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Yes. I wish there were a way to copy and paste these kind of sizing and positioning things in vMix.

It is tedious and time consuming to copy and paste I’d write down precise positions and sizes. In the Multiview Positioning no Tab, for example.

Adobe Premiere lets you copy and paste “attributes”.

I would make this or something similar a Feature Request. But I think I have made too many feature requests :).

Rowby