logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bluesgeek  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2018 2:39:19 AM(UTC)
bluesgeek

Groups: Registered

I have a Yuan QP0203 PCI HDMI quad capture card.

I shoot public meetings at schools. I need to take in graphics (usually PPT) as a feed from a laptop that is provided by each school. These are usually older machines with VGA out. NDI is not an option because I don't have control of the laptops, which are being used to present the PTTs through a projector (VGA).

So, I purchased an Ocean Matrix VGA > HDMI converter.
Link -> OMX-COMPVGA-HDMI

The converter works fine with an external monitor but it does not connect with the vMix Camera input. From reading THIS thread I am guessing that is an issue with having the signal recognized by the card, and is not related to vMix.

I have the converter configured to 1080p/60Hz, which is supported by both the converter and the card. (I have also tried 720p/60Hz.)

I purchased my vMix machine with the card installed and am not sure whether I need to change anything in the driver, and I'm not sure of how to do that.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this? I would be open to using a different converter device if anyone has had success with one.

One last thing to mention is that I need to split the VGA signal coming out of the laptop so that it can connect with both the projector and the vMix box.

Thanks!

AlanZ  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2018 1:03:20 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
the VGA to HDMI converter outputs an HDMI signal.
You then need to bring in that signal as if it was a camera. This is done either by a capture card in a desktop computer or by an HDMI to USB3 adapter.
Then the signal will be recognized as a camera.

One important thing... just in case you didn't already know: The HDMI port on most computers is a display-only (output) port... it sends a signal to external monitors... it does not capture HDMI input.
thanks 1 user thanked AlanZ for this useful post.
bluesgeek on 4/17/2018(UTC)
bluesgeek  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:00:47 PM(UTC)
bluesgeek

AlanZ wrote:
the VGA to HDMI converter outputs an HDMI signal.
You then need to bring in that signal as if it was a camera. This is done either by a capture card in a desktop computer or by an HDMI to USB3 adapter.
Then the signal will be recognized as a camera.

One important thing... just in case you didn't already know: The HDMI port on most computers is a display-only (output) port... it sends a signal to external monitors... it does not capture HDMI input.

Thanks, Alan.

The Yuan QP0203 PCI HDMI quad capture card is such a card. I am attempting to do just what you have said. I have vMix configured with a camera input to each of the ports. The camera inputs do work if I plug in a real camera or other HDMI input (e.g., a video player). However the HDMI signal coming from the converter (which does connect to HDMI monitors) won't connect to the vMix camera input.

richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:32:31 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I am pretty sure there is no Yuan card model QP0203. That *might* be the driver id. Can you confirm?

Does the card show other HDMI sources (eg cameras) with the resolutions you have tried with?

Can you in the Camera Input's setting select the Properties tab and then double click the driver listed there? Yuan's drivers typically report the incoming videos resolution and frame rate.