logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rinsky  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 7:18:25 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Hello,

I would like to achieve the following audio workflow:

A = everything that comes from Vmix itself (videos, SDI embedded audio, etc.)
B = Intercom channel

A and B go through a Focusrite 18i20 audio interface into a Yamaha MG16 mixer to the commentators and they have pgm audio on on side of the headset and intercom on the other side.
I also get from them the commentator audio which also goes to the Yamaha Mixer and then through the Focusrite into vMix, which creates the final Master Audio.

The commentators also have the option to send me talkback instead of their commentator audio. I use this talkback audio as another input through the Focusrite inside Vmix.

My problem/Question is now:

Can I monitor somehow also the intercom from the commentators, without sending their audio back to them? I know..there is the solo button, but I can't know when they press the intercom button, so that's not a solution.

Hope anyone has and idea on how to solve this.

(and of course...more audio channels would be the solution, but that's unfortunately not possible right now)

Regards,
Patrick
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 10:31:33 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
Rinsky wrote:
The commentators also have the option to send me talkback instead of their commentator audio. I use this talkback audio as another input through the Focusrite inside Vmix.

So do you have two mic-level feeds from the commentators, with only one live at a time - switched by their "intercom" button?
Rinsky wrote:
My problem/Question is now:

Can I monitor somehow also the intercom from the commentators, without sending their audio back to them? I know..there is the solo button, but I can't know when they press the intercom button, so that's not a solution.

I don't know how things are connected/routed in the MG12, but could you not make better use of the busses/aux-sends in the Yamaha mixer in order to create the mixes you want? If you have the A & B outputs from vMix going into the mixer, plus the mics (yours and the two feeds from the commentators), I would have thought you could produce two mixes, one for the them and one for you, with what you each want to hear.
Rinsky  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 8:08:58 PM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
zenvideo wrote:
So do you have two mic-level feeds from the commentators, with only one live at a time - switched by their "intercom" button?

Yes

Quote:
I don't know how things are connected/routed in the MG12, but could you not make better use of the busses/aux-sends in the Yamaha mixer in order to create the mixes you want? If you have the A & B outputs from vMix going into the mixer, plus the mics (yours and the two feeds from the commentators), I would have thought you could produce two mixes, one for the them and one for you, with what you each want to hear.

oh, you mean that I could monitor and talk to the commentators via the MG16. I think that would work, but I also have Teamspeak running on my Vmix computer to talk to my cameramen and also want to monitor the Vmix output itself, not the feed from the mixer (which should actually be the same, but..who knows..

So yes, I want to listen to the Intercom Input from the focusrite, but don't want it to belong to any of Vmix's audio outputs (M,A,B)..the only output I would want it on is on the headphone output, but I don't know if it's possible to route it that way.