logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kricher1964  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 10:55:20 AM(UTC)
kricher1964

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does anyone know if Vmix is compatible with the X-Keys HD15 Interface?
cnolley  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:28:54 AM(UTC)
cnolley

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have the same question with a specific application.
We use vMix replay for sports and it feeds our production switcher.
I would like to use a GPI from the switcher to trigger a cued replay event or sequence of events. This sounds like it should be as easy as setting it up on our current X-Keys Controller.
Secondly, I would like to send a GPO from the HD15 back to the switcher when replay is completed. I'm thinking this would entail monitoring a play tally from the HD15 and generating the GPO from that.
Any thoughts?
cnolley  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2018 4:54:35 PM(UTC)
cnolley

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
More information on this topic: We are not using the X-Keys HD15 interface which provides us GPI's which can be programmed to trigger actions in VMix. In our application, we are using VMix Replay for sports broadcasting. The replay output is fed to a Ross Carbonite switcher. We use GPO's from the switcher to trigger GPI's in the HD-15 which in turn, activate replay functions in VMix. This allows us to use an animated media wipe to trigger the replay on the exact frame for a clean and elegant transition. We can also remotely select events in this way. What we were unable to do is to get a GPO our of VMIX to trigger the transition out of replay. I don't think such an activator exists at present. Also, while the HD-15 has hardware for a couple of GPO's, they cannot be accessed with the X-Keys MacroWorks software and the only way to use them is to write a program using their SDK. Still it is a very useful tool. We use it alongside the XKE-124 which works great as a controller for Replay.