logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mp  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 5:54:41 PM(UTC)
mp

Groups: Registered

Hi guys,
in these years I have learned a lot from this community, and I think it is time to give something back and share my experience. Maybe someone will find it useful.

I have done more than sport 100 streams, from table tennis, to basketball, football, futsal, volleyball etc. From the beginning I was one man band, now we have a little team, 3-4 guys.

Our last games were final 4 tournament slovenian futsal cup. Check the link ---->

EQUIPMENT:
Sony HDR SR 12
Sony HDR SR 10
Sony PXW-Z150

Computer specs:
Intel Core I5-444 (4x3,1Ghz)
RAM: 12 GB DDR3
Disk: 1000gb + one small ssd disk
NVIDIA GeFOrce GTX 645

capture cards:
2x Aver TV capture HD H727
1x AVerMedia Extremecap U3

windows 10
vmix 20

As you can see, it is not sth special, the only exception is Sony PXW-Z150. Actually I have discovered that my HDR SR 12 and 10 have very similar colour with this pro camcorder (it is my coworker camcorder :))

WORKFLOW:
I am operating the main, wide angle camcorder + close-up camc. Actually in this match we didn't use it much, because the picture quality when used a lot of zoom, wasn't ok.

The second guy is on close up camcorder (on the floor) and also mixing video (he has a small keyboard connected via usb cable). He sees on a little monitor connected via hdmi out of my graphic card our "final". As you can notice, we do our slow motion directly out of his camcorder.
Graphics and clock are done by our third guy. We have tested and used UTC, and it worked ok. I will surely contribute and donate, because it is really nicely done.

We have one direction (me ---> other two guys) communication with wireless microphone transmitter/receiver. Generally my wide angle shoot is always ok, and my coworker can switch to it whenever he wants. When I have a good close up (my second camcorder is placed just above the wide angle one) I tell my coworker that he can switch to my closeup. I also decide and tell, when to put lower third graphics.

Esentially, this is it.

My next goal is to buy a better wide angle camcorder and maybe to add some more stats, like shoot on target, saves etc.

Feel free to ask, comment or critisize :D

Siroki  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:13:47 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Nice job!
Lijepo ste odradili, sviđaju mi se grafike. Bravo!
mp  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 8:08:23 AM(UTC)
mp

Siroki wrote:
Nice job!
Lijepo ste odradili, sviđaju mi se grafike. Bravo!

Thanks, Široki. :)

Grafike so ok, ali nadam se, da sljedeći put imamo animirane :D
Barney Box Lane  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 12:32:47 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
really nice (you almost had 2 cameras at 3mins!) graphics look nice and easy to read against all backgrounds which can be a tricky one.
and I agree the want for another wide shot,, the next thing I'd want is an even wider shot as sometimes there was no choice but to have the action pressed up on the screen - I personally would want 2 both static.. each on each back corner of the grandstand pointing diagonally in, mainly for the kick in situations (throw ins).

and because you've done it so well I only have another small point if it doesn't cause trouble.. but I'd like just a moment longer on the replay to establish where I am in time, not just the shot (this wasn't always the case but is something I picked up on)

very nice work and I like the cameraman mixing set up he's doing very well staying on top of it
mp  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:33:58 PM(UTC)
mp

Barney Box Lane wrote:

and because you've done it so well I only have another small point if it doesn't cause trouble.. but I'd like just a moment longer on the replay to establish where I am in time, not just the shot (this wasn't always the case but is something I picked up on)

Thanks, agree with you.
My wide angle camera is just not wide enough, that is the problem :D

About replays. The problem is, that he has to record the action by pressing the button when he thinks it will end with a goal. For example, you can watch him at 1:20:07 --->

So it is all about guessing. After that he playss the replay on camcorder and presses the button to mix his input in vmix. So yes, sometimes the timing should be better, anyway, he missed just one replay out of 16 goals in both semifinals.

Barney Box Lane  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:32:28 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
ah cool sorry I forgot he'd be doing that too very nice work,
I've had an idea that might work for you! kind of thinking aloud trying to do quantum vmix but it might work -

you could assign a shortcut
replay in/out 》 value - 10
and replaylastselectedevent
(let me know if this bugs out and doesn't actually play the last one because there's a way of staggering it so it does it in that order - but I think it should work as is)

when a goal is scored.. count to 4/5 seconds and press the shortcut.

this would then play a 5/6 second build up to the goal - then you cut away to a live football pitch shot.

scenario 1. I know I've got a nice clear shot of the whole build up to a goal I would count to say 4 seconds and have a nice big build up of around 6 secs

scenario 2. I think I've only got 3/4 seconds of a clear shot building up to the goal - I count to 7 seconds and press replay, then after the replay goal I cut away to the live football pitch

so after a goal he just hits that button and judges how much of a build up to roughly give it, knowing what just happened.

Also the reason for the counting after works another way as that's roughly how long you'd want to wait after a goal before cutting to a replay, it kind of staggers it. So it doesn't just go goal and bam instant replay immediately of the last 3 seconds etc you want that little pause after a goal, and it turns into a 1 button thing too that way.
mp  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 5:28:39 AM(UTC)
mp

I did sth. similar, when I used video delay as slow motion. 10 second delay, counting to 4 and switching to video delay with speed reduced to 80%.

But this is a little bit complicated.
My cheap video capture cards can capture just 25p (as far as I know :))

Question. Slow motion out of 25p would not be as good as we have it now with that workaround, or? Now we have proper 50 or 120 fps slow motion.
I suppose that my computer isn't strong enough to stream and record 1080p and use replay system. But yes, I shuold try and see, if it works.

Actually I know, the best scenario would be. Wide angle cam ---> goal--->switching to close up cam from my posistion--->prepare replay--->switch to replay--->switch back to close up cam--->put graphics of the player who scored---> back to wide angle.

Anyway, we noticed, that we don't have enough time, becasuse the game restarts too fast and we would miss the kick off.

p.s: I have to admit, that I don't understand a lot of funciotns in vmix, so just correct me, if I am saying sth. stupid :D