logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
antonis.zoumpakis  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 8:18:45 AM(UTC)
antonis.zoumpakis

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I'm trying to setup a group of people in my company to use Basic vMix with Skype to leverage green background and virtual-sets to improve Skype Conference call experience.
I have to deal with different type of laptops with i5 or i7 CPU and normal laptop VGA cards. Just business laptops not any kind of developer nor designer hardware.
I configure all users with 1280X720 and NTSC 29.97p also inputs are the same. We use external USB HD cameras and speakerphones.
During the call there is a significant delay between the audio and video. The audio is coming 1st and after -something like- 300msec the video.
Any idea what could be the problem?
In vMix the inputs I have are:
1. Camera with no audio
2. virtual-set
3. video to play in the virtual set

thanks a lot
Barney Box Lane  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 9:14:10 AM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
it sounds like you're bringing in the audio and video separately through different channels over the internet (audio - Skype, video - vmix?) sorry if I've misunderstood but if that is the case you need to be using just vmixcall, you are the host and they can connect to your version of vmix as callers, not via Skype or starting from Skype and going through vmix etc
Joeboe  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 9:17:32 AM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
https://www.vmix.com/help20/ download and keep and read.....Audio Settings, and you will see how it is done
zenvideo  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 9:34:11 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
antonis.zoumpakis wrote:
The audio is coming 1st and after -something like- 300msec the video.

Are you talking about the audio and video you're sending to Skype? Video via vMix (to do green-screen keying) and audio going direct (i.e. not via vMix)?

If so, then you are facing the fact that there's an inherent video delay in going via a software switcher, be it vMix or other similar products), which means the untreated audio will be ahead of the processed video unless you add a corresponding delay to it. When working entirely within vMix for both your video and audio (eg for recording and live-streaming directly), you have an option to add an audio delay withing the vMix Audio Mixer, for this very reason. If your audio is bypassing vMix, you would need to add the audio delay by other means if you want to maintain sync, either using external hardware (like the Behringer Shark) or with some sort of audio delay software.
antonis.zoumpakis  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 9:35:24 AM(UTC)
antonis.zoumpakis

Thanks a lot. You are right. Indeed I have 2 channels for Skype. We want to use vMix individually for the Skype. So I configure my Skype for video to use the "vMix Video" and for microphone I select the speaker phone microphone. Is it possible somehow to have a virtual vMix microphone as I have for the video?
Please note that in my case the Skype is the primary here and vMix is being used to manage the video I present in Skype.
thank you all for the quick replies
antonis.zoumpakis  
#6 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 9:38:35 AM(UTC)
antonis.zoumpakis

zenvideo wrote:
antonis.zoumpakis wrote:
The audio is coming 1st and after -something like- 300msec the video.

Are you talking about the audio and video you're sending to Skype? Video via vMix (to do green-screen keying) and audio going direct (i.e. not via vMix)?

If so, then you are facing the fact that there's an inherent video delay in going via a software switcher, be it vMix or other similar products), which means the untreated audio will be ahead of the processed video unless you add a corresponding delay to it. When working entirely within vMix for both your video and audio (eg for recording and live-streaming directly), you have an option to add an audio delay withing the vMix Audio Mixer, for this very reason. If your audio is bypassing vMix, you would need to add the audio delay by other means if you want to maintain sync, either using external hardware (like the Behringer Shark) or with some sort of audio delay software.

You are totally right. I can add in the vMix my mic but I cannot configure Skype to use any virtual output from vMix. I have to configure many users with the vMix thus hardware is not an option. Any suggestion for software to add delay to the microphone?
Barney Box Lane  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 1:21:03 PM(UTC)
Barney Box Lane

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
the reason I didn't suggest delaying the audio is because in a conference or conversation it won't work.
rowby  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 6:57:46 PM(UTC)
rowby

Man

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Quote:
u are totally right. I can add in the vMix my mic but I cannot configure Skype to use any virtual output from vMix. I have to configure many users with the vMix thus hardware is not an option. Any suggestion for software to add delay to the microphone?

This may or may not help. But be sure you are using this "older" version of skype in order to have it work with vMix.

WIth the older version you can configure skype audio and video settings to work with vMix.

You want Skype version 7.40.0.151 Sometimes called the Classic Version.

https://answers.microsof...6-472e-9d93-b6eb3d0176ed