logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nowski  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 11:39:21 AM(UTC)
nowski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi there, I'm doing some experiments to see whether an NDI source can be used in multi-corder, I have a 1GB network, wired and am sending the main display out of the MBPro (at native res 3360x2100) but I'm seeing a lot of dropped frames in the recording, lots of pauses in the recorded file. Network seems to be well within the bandwidth.
Also, when using screen zoom (Accessibility mode) we have used this to zoom in on areas of the screen while retaining resolution, this does not get sent over the NDI output even though it screen zooms the display we are capturing.

Are there any tricks to get a more rock solid capture using this method?

RobLambert  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 5:21:42 PM(UTC)
RobLambert

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Any news?

Did you figure out if the problem was your cpu or ndi itself????

Thanks

livepad  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 30, 2017 8:19:14 AM(UTC)
livepad

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
nowski wrote:
Hi there, I'm doing some experiments to see whether an NDI source can be used in multi-corder, I have a 1GB network, wired and am sending the main display out of the MBPro (at native res 3360x2100) but I'm seeing a lot of dropped frames in the recording, lots of pauses in the recorded file. Network seems to be well within the bandwidth.
Also, when using screen zoom (Accessibility mode) we have used this to zoom in on areas of the screen while retaining resolution, this does not get sent over the NDI output even though it screen zooms the display we are capturing.

Are there any tricks to get a more rock solid capture using this method?

Your problem maybe GPU and CPU performance on the local machine. If you don't need to send 3360x2100 worth of pixels, then don't - and that will probably help. The Full version of Sienna NDI ScanConverter for Mac has a 'crop' mode which allows you to define a Region Of Interest on your Mac screen and send JUST that section as NDI. This reduces the encoding and network load and will probably help.

There is a demo version of NDI ScanConverter at: http://sienna.tv/ndi