logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Solary  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2017 12:06:53 AM(UTC)
Solary

Groups: Registered

Hello, we have an issue with our setup, we didn't know why it doesn't work fine.

We got 5 gaming pc (i7700k / 1080 ) who send an NDI output with the plugin OBS NDI (or xplist broadcaster).
All of each PC are link with cat6 cable to a cisco (1gbps), where the vmix computer is link and try to receive all of this feed.
All the setup is at 1gbps.
When we try to have 5 feed on vmix, we got a lot of lag / spike image, it seems we have an issue with the network but we didn't see what ?

The production computer with vmix, use 50% of CPU with 5 1080p 60fps feed, but verry laggy, the only thing we have to do actually to live, it's to setup each OBS @ 720p 30FPS to have a stable feed on vmix...

Our network card on production pc have a 1gbps network card, when we try to see the 5 different feed of the gaming pc, it did not go up to 500mbps on download and we loss frame / the feed seems laggy.

Do we have an issue on our network? Maybe a thing to setup for the NDI ?

The production computer is :

I7 5820k
CG 980ti (we try with 1080, same issue)
ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1 - Carte-mère - ATX - Socket LGA2011-v3
(we see that a lot of people have issue with this mother card, but not the same we have)

We try also with the Gaming PC as production PC with vmix, we got the same issue...

Thanks for the help.
zenvideo  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 5, 2017 5:03:39 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
If you can, I suggest you monitor the network activity on the vMix PC, which is easy to do in Windows 10 using the Process tab in Task Manager. Start with no NDI inputs to vMix and then watch the Network usage as you connect to each NDI source. What do you see? How high does it go before the video is degraded?
Solary  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:35:31 AM(UTC)
Solary

Hi, yes we monitor the network when we receive NDI, i give you some screenshot :

I have made the test on the i7 4770k / 1080 nvidia card , because the other computer is use for live actually.
Four of ndi is send with 1080p 60fps, with OBS NDI plugin and 1 with xsplit at same framerate / resolution.

First screenshot when i have 0 NDI :
https://puu.sh/yfWMI/35ce1bd8d9.png

When i add 5 different POV of game with NDI, seems laggy, and don't arrive to have more to 500mb reception (each POV use 150 / 180) the issue is come from here i think... :

https://puu.sh/yfX6D/df67b4f38d.jpg

To show you i can receive a 1gbps, i add 9 NDI same source to vmix here, i have 900mb/s reception.

https://puu.sh/yfX8d/cd052f3287.png

My cpu with all of this NDI is only 50% (i don't stream for the test) and i lose frame each 1 / 5 sec on each POV/NDI.

Is there a settings i have to do with my network ?

Thanks for the help.
kane  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 11:19:32 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
You said that one input was XSplit. Make sure that is running the latest version of XSplit, there were some issues with NDI output on older versions.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
RandomStreamer  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:14:32 PM(UTC)
RandomStreamer

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi Solary,

We have run similar applications with gaming before..

There are a few different things to consider while debuging the problem:

1- Are NDI packets are being lost at source or render? Click the "graphics icon" in the right bottom and post a screeenshot.
2- Sometimes onboard NICs dont handle heavy NDI traffic. I've had applications where I had to have a dedicated pro NIC just for NDI.
3- Sometimes the game will consume too many resources in a way that will lag. (LoL doesn't seem to be the case)
4- Consider trying a different reception PC (a 7700k + 1080 would work just fine. x99 is known for having some issues, never went in too deep with this)
5- Possible FW / Switch limiting packets
6- Test the capture with a different solution, like VMIX DESKTOP CAPTURE, instead of obs / xsplit, or even VMIX itself, for testing purposes.
7- How does the capture perform with just one NDI input, in terms of performance?

Feel free to PM me if you want for details.

Best,
RS
Solary  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:28:34 PM(UTC)
Solary

Hello, i have made test with the graphics icon :

With 2 POV playing (1 fortnite - 1 LoL) https://puu.sh/ygQZP/03bb24eb81.jpg
Pov of fortnite use vmix desktop, same issue with obs or xsplit.

i have a lot of dropped frame from source when they are playing. (1080 60 fps for fortnite)
When i have one more source, the renderer dropped come, never before, but i can add XXX same pov with no issue.

With only one POV
https://puu.sh/ygR5U/4a878e334e.png

No renderer dropped but source dropped (all pc who send NDI use i7 7770k and 1080, it's not a x99 for this one)

I have one of this computer on vmix for test, actually the main producer PC, is i7 5820k & 980TI with the x99 (same issue)

It seems like the computer is not powerful to handle more of 1 NDI.. but i think it's not the main issue, it's a quite good computer for this, i think we can have almost to have 4 or 5 five NDI.

RandomStreamer  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 5:01:41 PM(UTC)
RandomStreamer

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Solary wrote:
Hello, i have made test with the graphics icon :

With 2 POV playing (1 fortnite - 1 LoL) https://puu.sh/ygQZP/03bb24eb81.jpg
Pov of fortnite use vmix desktop, same issue with obs or xsplit.

i have a lot of dropped frame from source when they are playing. (1080 60 fps for fortnite)
When i have one more source, the renderer dropped come, never before, but i can add XXX same pov with no issue.

With only one POV
https://puu.sh/ygR5U/4a878e334e.png

No renderer dropped but source dropped (all pc who send NDI use i7 7770k and 1080, it's not a x99 for this one)

I have one of this computer on vmix for test, actually the main producer PC, is i7 5820k & 980TI with the x99 (same issue)

It seems like the computer is not powerful to handle more of 1 NDI.. but i think it's not the main issue, it's a quite good computer for this, i think we can have almost to have 4 or 5 five NDI.

Source dropped, your arena PC didnt handle it. Did you try locking the FPS to 60 (ingame)?
Render dropped, your receiving PC didnt handle it. You can try messing around with performance options on VMIX settings. Considering there aren't many dropped frames it could work.