logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Murchik  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 7:50:41 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Groups: Registered
Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello everybody. Again not a modest question! How do I configure VMix the management of another VMix from a single computer ??? I tried using a web controller via a web browser in VMix, but it's very inconvenient (Because the mouse only works in the preview window)! Computers in one network! Show the solution - I need only 5-6 commands to control the second VMix.
And if I'm not mistaken - had there been a GPI function before? Now I have not found it, or maybe I'm confused with another prog.

To make it clearer - I need to manage one VMIX from another VMIX from one computer. Lead and slave VMIX

You occasionally do not plan to add the function of the third external output (preferably with the possibility of overlaying at least one overlay), sometimes very, very much is not enough.

Mathijs  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 9:35:02 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Add a script:

Dim client = WebRequest.Create("http://VMIXREMOTEIP:8088/api/?Function=COMMAND")
Dim response = client.GetResponse()

Exchange VMIXREMOTEIP with the ip address of the target vMix machine
Exchange the COMMAND with the API command you would like to send.

You can build it all the way you want from there using remote commands from the main system and triggers to send back commands from the others.
You can set up the entire API as scripts to send commands to the other systems and after that just select what you need when making shortcuts or using triggers, making this work with your keyboard shortcuts, midi controller, or xkeys setup.
thanks 1 user thanked Mathijs for this useful post.
Murchik on 7/21/2017(UTC)
Murchik  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 9:53:41 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

Mathijs wrote:
Add a script:

Dim client = WebRequest.Create("http://VMIXREMOTEIP:8088/api/?Function=COMMAND")

You can build it all the way you want from there using remote commands from the main system and triggers to send back commands from the others.
You can set up the entire API as scripts to send commands to the other systems and after that just select what you need when making shortcuts or using triggers, making this work with your keyboard shortcuts, midi controller, or xkeys setup.

Thank you. I shall necessarily test tomorrow!
Murchik  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 10:11:45 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

Murchik wrote:
Mathijs wrote:
Add a script:

Thank you. I shall necessarily test tomorrow!

Tell me please. I need at 192.168.1.104:8088 to run any of the inputs on the overlay 1 or 3. what should the command look like ??
Until nothing happens. Produces an internal unrecognized error number 500.
And I have different versions of VMix, does it matter? Leading PC 19 version slave 17 version.
kjones9999  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:36:48 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
It may be simpler just to remote in with VNC.
Murchik  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 7:16:01 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

no. I need to program several commands on one console to reduce the number of personnel. I have 2 computers and I can roughly imagine how this should be done, but I'm not very strong in scripting and programming. I need a sample script so that I can repeat it with my variables. If VMix had a third external output with the possibility of overlaying at least two overlays - I would have solved this problem without problems, given that my equipment allows it. But now you need to think differently.

The situation in the next - there is a basic computer on TV with which is the main content and there is a secondary computer with which to reproduce a certain video in the background on large 4K screens with static video that periodically (depending on the circumstances) should overlays first or third (the others are busy under Other) overlay. Work for the second person does not represent a potential load and sense if it is possible to control the whole process from the main computer

I see this system before my eyes, but I can not find the right script for this.

At the level of fiction, but - if in the settings of the fast keyboard you could see the commands at the level:
Transition local
Transition remote
Overlay local 1
Overlay remote 1
Play video input № 5 local
Play video input № 5 remote

those. Unite two computers using VMix in a single unit, using it using almost one or two commands, for example: connect remote computer control IP: port..... password

And to articles on the subject of the password - I highly recommend you to enter the password on the WEB control password. There were precedents with "jokers" who learned the IP and the PORT were connected to the system and sabotaged the operation of the system.
IceStream  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 7:39:56 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Murchik

I don't fully understand your workflow (perhaps something is lost in translation). Never-the-less, if you are not in dire need of another Output from vMix just yet, rumour has it that vMix 20 or vMix 2X as it is proposed to be known, is supposed to offer more options for Output (in addition to other things). Many of us are anticipating the beta release sometime
In the next few months. Probably best to check out the June vMix Funtime Live Show from Atlanta for some of the details. (also announced on Tom Sinclair's Streaming Idiots Show on June 14th)
Not that this helps you now, but depending on your need, it might be worth the wait...
Just something to consider.

Ice
Murchik  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 7:48:23 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

IceStream wrote:
@ Murchik

I don't fully understand your workflow (perhaps something is lost in translation). Never-the-less, if you are not in dire need of another Output from vMix just yet, rumour has it that vMix 20 or vMix 2X as it is proposed. to be known, is supposed to offer more options for Output (in addition to other things). Many of us are anticipating the beta release sometime
In the next few months. Probably best to check out the June vMix Funtime Live Show from Atlanta for some of the details.
Not that this helps you now, but depending on your need, it might be worth the wait...
Just something to consider.

Ice

Ice

OK. I understand that it's not easy to realize everything. But the third external output would now solve my problem without buying an additional computer.
But on the subject of the password to the WEB controller - think In my country a lot of opponents of your software and these competitors are trying as they can. Add the password to the WEB controller - I already suffered 2 times from the open WEB controller. Monitoring and thallies can be left open.

For today I am the first competitor for the sellers of the switchers TRIKASTER 8000. and the dealers are very unhappy with this, and for my customer - the difference in the price of
10 000-21 000 based on the VMix and the TRIKASTER 8000 of 47 000 is a strong competition in the Ukrainian market.
IceStream  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:46:21 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Murchik

I agree that having a password to access the Web Controller would be a good idea (seems to me this was discussed earlier on but I can't seem to find it now).
There are probably workarounds that you can implement, but an internal solution would be best.
I would suggest you put in a "Feature Request" and describe and/or outline your actual experience with sabotage that you can share with the community, it will definitely drive the point home.

Ice
Murchik  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 9:03:16 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

The easiest way is to download to the smartphone (I myself tested it) the application HIOME WIFI ALERT application (the most primitive and available) which scans the WIFI network and shows active & Open connections. After that, connect to your WEB controller does not cost anything without lack of protection, even if the connection port is changed. Even this primitive application indicates the active port being used. And since You have a common port for both the WEB controller and for the tally - this information is always available, and there is no protection.

One case (local WIFI) I just killed, when the operator who should see the tally indication climbed the wrong tab .... further that was .... I think I do not need to explain ....
The WEB controller must be accessible only to the right people AND ONLY FOR THEM !!!

It may be easier for you to split the ports for the WIFI thalli and for the WEB controller ... but this still does not provide the necessary protection to the WEB controller access .... now this is your one of the weakest places in the software.
kjones9999  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 10:51:30 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I am assuming we are speaking of a LAN?

You can easily specify which ip addresses to allow access:

https://superuser.com/qu...ange-in-windows-firewall

You can also change the port to something a little more bland-- 8990 or other - this wont stop scanners, but cant believe that people are on their phones scanning all ports- so I am assuming the issues are from people who know the vmix standard port.
Mathijs  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 1:12:45 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Quote:
Tell me please. I need at 192.168.1.104:8088 to run any of the inputs on the overlay 1 or 3. what should the command look like ??

http://192.168.1.104:8088/api/?Function=OverlayInput1&Input=1

This will toggle overlay 1 on or off for input 1

http://192.168.1.104:8088/api/?Function=OverlayInput3&Input=2

This will toggle overlay 3 on or off for input 2

http://www.vmix.com/help...utFunctionReference.html there you can find other options if you need them. Just experiment from a browser to get familiar with it.

After you added the script, just make a runscript shortcut to it and you can just press a button.
thanks 1 user thanked Mathijs for this useful post.
Murchik on 7/25/2017(UTC)
Murchik  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:29:13 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

IceStream wrote:
@ Murchik

I agree that having a password to access the Web Controller would be a good idea (seems to me this was discussed earlier on but I can't seem to find it now).
There are probably workarounds that you can implement, but an internal solution would be best.
I would suggest you put in a "Feature Request" and describe and/or outline your actual experience with sabotage that you can share with the community, it will definitely drive the point home.

Ice

Do I still need to duplicate a separate topic on accessing a web controller with a password or is it not necessary ??? For me (and I think not only for me) this would be a very useful option. Fools in our country have enough, and pests that know the weak points of the system, even more!
IceStream  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:43:17 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ Murchik

Yes, I would place a new thread in "Feature Requests".
That is where it is more likely to be noticed and gain traction from fellow vMix users (and be easily monitored by the vMix developers)
The issue has been discussed before, but I've never heard of actual situations or instances of "obstructive interference".
Undoubtedly, as vMix gains in popularity, the risk will increase substantially. Your 'real life' experience will be invaluable to the discussion.

Ice
Murchik  
#15 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 6:13:16 PM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

Mathijs wrote:
Quote:

http://192.168.1.104:8088/api/?Function=OverlayInput1&Input=1

This will toggle overlay 1 on or off for input 1

http://192.168.1.104:8088/api/?Function=OverlayInput3&Input=2

This will toggle overlay 3 on or off for input 2

http://www.vmix.com/help...utFunctionReference.html there you can find other options if you need them. Just experiment from a browser to get familiar with it.

After you added the script, just make a runscript shortcut to it and you can just press a button.

Many times I tried to apply this script and nothing happened !!!

In the browser it works and in VMIX it produces a permanent error

Any ideas how to get IT to work properly ???
Murchik attached the following image(s):
Безымянный.bmp (1,476kb) downloaded 17 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ask  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 16, 2017 8:09:50 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Can you give us an English translation of the error?