vMix - Live Production Software
Live Production Software Forums       www.vmix.com
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Untag as favorite
vTask A 24/7 Automation and Scheduling for vMix
DWAM
#21 Posted : Sunday, 3 September 2017 6:06:02 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 20/03/2014
Posts: 1,525
Location: Bordeaux, France

Thanks: 115 times
Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 318 post(s)
another question:

is there a particular reason why only the 32 bit version of VLC is supported? I believe most of us are already using the 64-bit version and this seems to cause problem to many people.
RichShumaker
#22 Posted : Sunday, 3 September 2017 7:05:00 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/04/2016
Posts: 136
Location: Los Angeles CA

Thanks: 70 times
Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I am currently running a Harry Potter Marathon to see if I have any hickups.
Here is a screen capture(I use a Dual Screens that are different sizes) of me using vMix + vTask today for that Harry Potter Marathon.
The Top Screen is my Fullscreen Preview.
I used NDI Screen Capture to grab Display 2 in the overlay.
https://pbs.twimg.com/me...xwNlOVoAAYFhr.jpg:large
On screen is the Pre-Marathon Video by DJ Snake & lil jon

I found some things very helpful when I was testing.
One that comes to mind right away is that I put a Cut between each item to allow me to 'Retime' easier.
So far I have used NDI for screen capture as well as my weird RasPi Camera setup.
I have not tried HDMI capture yet except I think it will work as planned.

I can see using this to make a 'tighter' show with more specific timings on things.
I know you can do all of the things that vTask does inside vMix except I find it much faster with vTask.
I am excited about blending vMix with vTask for live production that have "produced or programmed" content inside of a live show. This has always been possible I just found it time consuming to set up.

The one thing that I am super excited to try is a Program of Commands that I nest, heheh.
Being able to easily duplicate a whole series of instructions will make setups faster and easier, for me at least.
I also think that I will be spending a lot more pre-show time getting things 'Ready for Prime Time'.

Oh yeah the loop feature was cool and it works as a count down.
After it has done all the loops it does not reset again which I find works well for me.

Anyone else using it?
Any Tips or Tricks you have to share?

Rich Shumaker

RichShumaker
#23 Posted : Sunday, 3 September 2017 7:07:59 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/04/2016
Posts: 136
Location: Los Angeles CA

Thanks: 70 times
Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
another question:

is there a particular reason why only the 32 bit version of VLC is supported? I believe most of us are already using the 64-bit version and this seems to cause problem to many people.


Code Compatibility?
My guess was that the code he is using for vTask is 32 bit so, his preview needs VLC to be 32 bit as well.

Rich Shumaker
Making Guesses at stuff since 1989
AnnanStudios
#24 Posted : Sunday, 3 September 2017 10:14:22 PM
Rank: Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 22/08/2017
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 11 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Hi

Although I haven't tried vTask yet but only watched the tutorial videos and followed first users experiments reporting on facebook, I would like to suggest one thing that is very important to my eyes.

So far, vTask doesn't seem to support network operation, that is to say being able to run on a remote computer using media files located anywhere on the network.

- There is a setting parameter for vMix host IP address, but users report it is complaining of losing connection unless it runs on the same PC as vMix.
- The media files show a local path on the host vTask is used. This path is not correct as of vMix host.
- I suggested a user to create shared folders that would be the same on both PCs, but it doesn't seem to work anyway.
- It doesn't seem to support UNC paths at all which vMix does

I believe such a playout solution should be able to run with a multitier (or at least a 3 tier) architecture.
For example:
- vMix is PC1
- vTask is PC2
- Media files are stored on a server or a NAS or a SAN or even multiple ones.

This would make vTask a professional solution for playout.

Best regards
Guillaume



this should solve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBlnBF_D3kg


Thank you, we will look into that on the next update, which should be pretty soon
AnnanStudios
#25 Posted : Sunday, 3 September 2017 10:20:45 PM
Rank: Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 22/08/2017
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 11 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
another question:

is there a particular reason why only the 32 bit version of VLC is supported? I believe most of us are already using the 64-bit version and this seems to cause problem to many people.


yes, this version requires some libraries of vlc 32bit
you can have both 32bit and 64bit installed on same system it should work
dark_ata
#26 Posted : Monday, 4 September 2017 1:03:33 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/08/2015
Posts: 89
Location: Tenerife

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
using samba work

Quote:
I believe such a playout solution should be able to run with a multitier (or at least a 3 tier) architecture.
For example:
- vMix is PC1
- vTask is PC2
- Media files are stored on a server or a NAS or a SAN or even multiple ones.


i have some problems, some times, the vtask not start when from stopped add a new video, change manually the time and start, i left at least 20 seg of diff, also some times take too much time add and start playing some videos and the schedule have some seg of error.
JAIRODJ
#27 Posted : Monday, 4 September 2017 2:51:48 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/09/2015
Posts: 47

Thanks: 0 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hello, congratulate you for this great work, vTask is a great tool for vMix.
What I am exposing below are some errors that came up when testing vTask, and that you take them into account in future updates.
Do not be discouraged friend, your app is excellent, very important and very good, you are on the right path friend, I know that you will achieve in the end a very solid application.
I'm sorry, I speak Spanish, I'm from Ecuador.

Error

- At times, vTask does not respond to programming and quits unexpectedly.
- When adding transitions between videos, it gets stuck and the next video changes continue the same transition
- When adding program, this program is repeated two or even three times and then continues the list of videos
- Communication between vTask and vMix takes a lot or is lost, when finishing a video is not continuous the playback sequence, there are spaces in black of 2-5 seconds.
- If I place a transition between videos with specific time of execution the following videos appear as aireade, does not execute the action and no longer continues the reproduction.
-In vMix, several entries are created with the videos to be played and filled (up to 8 entries in my case), so I have to go to vMix and delete the non-active entries
-The Video Out window is different from vMix, so if for some reason you preview the vMix video, vtask stops working.
-The Video Out window is different from vMix, so you do not see active overlays from vTask.

Suggestions

- In the video out window, Use the vMix NDI output of the main, this will allow to observe everything that happens to the output of vMix, video, active overlay, etc.
- Also mark with green strip the video that is reproducing on the air
- No automatic video playback before adding it to vTask
- Add option to export playlist in Excel format, this allows a report of daily playback
AnnanStudios
#28 Posted : Monday, 4 September 2017 3:45:35 AM
Rank: Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 22/08/2017
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 11 post(s)
JAIRODJ wrote:
Hello, congratulate you for this great work, vTask is a great tool for vMix.
What I am exposing below are some errors that came up when testing vTask, and that you take them into account in future updates.
Do not be discouraged friend, your app is excellent, very important and very good, you are on the right path friend, I know that you will achieve in the end a very solid application.
I'm sorry, I speak Spanish, I'm from Ecuador.

Error

- At times, vTask does not respond to programming and quits unexpectedly.
- When adding transitions between videos, it gets stuck and the next video changes continue the same transition
- When adding program, this program is repeated two or even three times and then continues the list of videos
- Communication between vTask and vMix takes a lot or is lost, when finishing a video is not continuous the playback sequence, there are spaces in black of 2-5 seconds.
- If I place a transition between videos with specific time of execution the following videos appear as aireade, does not execute the action and no longer continues the reproduction.
-In vMix, several entries are created with the videos to be played and filled (up to 8 entries in my case), so I have to go to vMix and delete the non-active entries
-The Video Out window is different from vMix, so if for some reason you preview the vMix video, vtask stops working.
-The Video Out window is different from vMix, so you do not see active overlays from vTask.



Suggestions

- In the video out window, Use the vMix NDI output of the main, this will allow to observe everything that happens to the output of vMix, video, active overlay, etc.
- Automatic removal of aerated videos from the vTask playlist
- Also mark with green strip the video that is reproducing on the air
- No automatic video playback before adding it to vTask
- Add option to export playlist in Excel format, this allows a report of daily playback



For Errors, it might be your system as we've not come across such issues from other testers
For Suggestions, well noted and will consider in next update

Regards
AnnaStudios
DWAM
#29 Posted : Monday, 4 September 2017 3:49:48 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 20/03/2014
Posts: 1,525
Location: Bordeaux, France

Thanks: 115 times
Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 318 post(s)

Good! Thanks. Good news if UNC paths work
Quote:
yes, this version requires some libraries of vlc 32bit. you can have both 32bit and 64bit installed on same system it should work

For sure, but only one version can be default. I need 64 bit version to be default for some plugins to work, so this conflicts with 32 bit requiring to be default for vTask.

Did you consider using FFMPEG/FFPlay for your app's preview and trimming feature? I guess this would be a better solution as there is no need for a GUI that your app doesn't need.


AnnanStudios
#30 Posted : Monday, 4 September 2017 6:14:08 AM
Rank: Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 22/08/2017
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 11 post(s)
DWAM wrote:

Good! Thanks. Good news if UNC paths work
Quote:
yes, this version requires some libraries of vlc 32bit. you can have both 32bit and 64bit installed on same system it should work

For sure, but only one version can be default. I need 64 bit version to be default for some plugins to work, so this conflicts with 32 bit requiring to be default for vTask.

Did you consider using FFMPEG/FFPlay for your app's preview and trimming feature? I guess this would be a better solution as there is no need for a GUI that your app doesn't need.




Thanks info noted
jakefilmpro
#31 Posted : Monday, 4 September 2017 11:18:01 AM
Rank: Newbie

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 24/03/2016
Posts: 3
Location: Miami

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Hi AnnanStudios, Thanks for an awesome app.
Currently I've been having this problem

It been not letting me to drag and drop any video files.
AnnanStudios
#32 Posted : Monday, 4 September 2017 6:12:33 PM
Rank: Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 22/08/2017
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 11 post(s)
jakefilmpro wrote:
Hi AnnanStudios, Thanks for an awesome app.
Currently I've been having this problem

It been not letting me to drag and drop any video files.




Thank you, this is a known bug we have fix already for the next update

to solve this, please check the duration of your command items you have added in your list
one of it might contain a negative value like "-00:00:01", double click on the item and click done
it will fix it
1 user thanked AnnanStudios for this useful post.
jakefilmpro on 4/09/2017
JAIRODJ
#33 Posted : Tuesday, 5 September 2017 9:58:30 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/09/2015
Posts: 47

Thanks: 0 times
Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Please, you can list the requirements of the PC, for a good and correct operation of vTask, and thus avoid errors by the system.
digitalalps
#34 Posted : Tuesday, 5 September 2017 9:28:46 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/07/2016
Posts: 48
Location: Italy

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Date isue

On my PC the date is set in german format dd.mm.yyyy adding a task and selecting the date from the pickup calendar lile the 1 september 2017 the input in the text gield are 09/01/2017 the 9th jannuar so the task figures as Aired.

Please solve this issue. Thx
AnnanStudios
#35 Posted : Thursday, 7 September 2017 4:28:24 AM
Rank: Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 22/08/2017
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 11 post(s)
digitalalps wrote:
Date isue

On my PC the date is set in german format dd.mm.yyyy adding a task and selecting the date from the pickup calendar lile the 1 september 2017 the input in the text gield are 09/01/2017 the 9th jannuar so the task figures as Aired.

Please solve this issue. Thx



solved thank
1 user thanked AnnanStudios for this useful post.
vijay6672 on 8/09/2017
vijay6672
#36 Posted : Saturday, 9 September 2017 6:40:50 PM
Rank: Newbie

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 20/09/2015
Posts: 6
Location: India

Thanks: 54 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
While Drag & Drop multiple files; If any file name contains special characters,
vTask is not responding.
Plz Solve the issue.
Any Timeline for the next update?
AnnanStudios
#37 Posted : Monday, 11 September 2017 11:09:55 AM
Rank: Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 22/08/2017
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 11 post(s)
vijay6672 wrote:
While Drag & Drop multiple files; If any file name contains special characters,
vTask is not responding.
Plz Solve the issue.
Any Timeline for the next update?


Will look into that

we are constantly working on major update,
thanks
2 users thanked AnnanStudios for this useful post.
vijay6672 on 11/09/2017, jakefilmpro on 15/09/2017
vijay6672
#38 Posted : Monday, 25 September 2017 4:28:23 AM
Rank: Newbie

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 20/09/2015
Posts: 6
Location: India

Thanks: 54 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Eagerly waiting for the next update...
1 user thanked vijay6672 for this useful post.
jakefilmpro on 26/09/2017
AnnanStudios
#39 Posted : Wednesday, 11 October 2017 4:39:59 AM
Rank: Member

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 22/08/2017
Posts: 19

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 11 post(s)
New Features:
*NDI Support
*CG Branding - (Automate Titling e.g now playing,next and later)
*New Commands Browser
*Added Aspect Ratio
*Enhanced Clip Trimming
*New Clock for current playing clip
*Manually change clip duration
*No VLC required
*Plus many bugs fixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-sxpg89Ag
4 users thanked AnnanStudios for this useful post.
vijay6672 on 11/10/2017, stevespaw on 12/10/2017, desmar on 12/10/2017, Video Dave on 14/10/2017
vijay6672
#40 Posted : Thursday, 12 October 2017 2:36:17 AM
Rank: Newbie

Medals:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 20/09/2015
Posts: 6
Location: India

Thanks: 54 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Plz rename the topic title like
"vTask 2.x A 24/7 Automation and Scheduling for vMix"
OR
"vTask A 24/7 Automation and Scheduling for vMix"
1 user thanked vijay6672 for this useful post.
AnnanStudios on 13/10/2017
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Untag as favorite
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

YAFPro Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.159 seconds.