logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

64 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joeboe  
#381 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:32:37 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Thanks ....did not install the latest update.....this is soooo good....now I can kick butt...thanks again
elgarf  
#382 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 12:28:46 AM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 129 post(s)
@JAIRODJ, your link to dropbox route to 403 error. Upload it again, please.
JAIRODJ  
#383 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 10:33:28 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi, thanks for your attention.

Sorry for not being able to send error logs or VTC failure (I really do not know this information handling, I'm just a windows user). So choose to send the projects so that you can revise them as much as possible. The other comments about VTC, are the use I want to give you and the experiences you give me.

I also commented that I found a situation in VTC, which made me see an impossibility when programming.

Programming
Clock activate 10h00 - execute-link "ZJ"
Clock activate 11h00 - run-link "GN"

Create an activation button with a program name "ZJ" to execute it by execute-link to a specific hoara, in which, add SetText (JUVENILE ZONE) input x, overlayInputIn1, timer 6000, overlayInputOut1.
This script wanted to replicate in another button "GN" ... Then here the inconvenience arose, that had to reprogram one by one the commands in the new activation button.

Could it be possible to save the command sequence of a button as a preset, then load and apply it to another and change only what is necessary in the new button ?.

And the other one that I previously mentioned about whether it is possible to add to the clock the days of the week to select when it should be activated.

This problem can be solved by inserting it inside a container, but it turns out that it is not possible to activate a container using excute-link, because obviously the activation of this option does not exist, besides that what is inside the container, can not change the name, only the name of the container.

If there is any way to do it please help me.

In another topic with VTC, I have it permanently activated 24/7 to perform tasks scheduled with CLock, but VTC on occasions does not respond and does not execute the tasks, I send images to you to observe.
Again, thank you. "Exitos = OK".

PROYECT
DWAM  
#384 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 11:31:10 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Quote:
Could it be possible to save the command sequence of a button as a preset, then load and apply it to another and change only what is necessary in the new button ?.

Just duplicate your button when all set.

Sorry I did not understand the rest of your questions
Joeboe  
#385 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 7:21:56 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I am trying to find a command that will mute the audio an any input that I can use....I have a setup where I use UTC to trigger a break where videos are played...I have all working well, and in vMix I have triggers setup to trigger other inputs at the end of each clip, but I can not find a way to mute an input audio....This needed for when I am streaming, and have to control the audio input from a mixer via my audio card to mute that input so that only the audio from the video sources are heard....
JAIRODJ  
#386 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2017 10:52:38 AM(UTC)
JAIRODJ

Man

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Quote:

Just duplicate your button when all set.

Sorry I did not understand the rest of your questions

Well, I do not want to create controversy soon, I just explain what happened to me, the idea is to show the experiences using UTC, and that the creator of the APP welcomes them in the best way and if possible improve it.
Also thank them for the attention and help to solve the problems and inconveniences.
The suggestions that I suggest are ideas of possible aggregates, perhaps there are better ideas for improving UTC.

Ok, the suggestion you gave me is correct, duplicate the button and go; this works if I am programming within the same "Soccer" project, but if I am working on another "Basquet" and I want to add the functions I programmed in a "Soocer" button, it is no longer possible to duplicate.
That is where you would apply the preset of a button, if there was the save preset option.

Example:
"Soccer"
Button 1 = setText + Overlayin + timer 5000+ overlay out + etc.
(duplicate button and change name)
Button 2 = setText + Overlayin + timer 5000+ overlay out + etc.
Correct, all right

But if I start a new project "Basquet" and I want the functions of button 1 of Soccer?

"Basketball"
Button 1 = (I can not duplicate)

The other option seems to be adding the option Exec-Link to container, to group functions and achieve to activate them with clock.

Exitos all, good day

Apologies for the English, I hope they understood me, I use a translator because I speak Spanish.
moth  
#387 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:59:11 AM(UTC)
moth

Hi elgarf - just visiting an old problem I had with the functions not displaying for the buttons. functions.xml is present but the log reports the following error.

Quote:
2017-09-20 20:04:27.7665 INFO Loading mapped functions.
2017-09-20 20:04:27.8094 ERROR Error while loading mapped functions. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\vMix\controller\Functions.xml' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at vMixController.ViewModel.MainViewModel..ctor()

Any idea how to rectify?
DWAM  
#388 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:18:27 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Moth

just make sure you have the correct permissions for the folder vMixUTC sits in, especially the functions.xml file.
Go to "properties" for the folder and file and check.

Another options is to re-download and re-unzip over the previous install.

Hope this helps
Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
moth on 9/22/2017(UTC)
moth  
#389 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:06:59 PM(UTC)
moth

Thanks DWAM - will look at it when I get home tonight. Thought it would be something simple like that. What should the correct permissions be for this file/folder?

Cheers

***Edit - Problem solved. Running the UTC app as administrator fixed it.***
corporatejames  
#390 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 7:50:16 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
just letting you know there a bug in the latest update when used with the updated NDI dll
It just crashes and closes utc. Latest utc with old ndi version no issues.
DWAM  
#391 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 5:15:15 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Hi Elgarf

just to mention that, like James, I had to stop working with the last update (conditions version - very unstable) and reverted to using the 27.03.2017 (GUID) version. However I experience strange behaviour.

Here are informations I can report:

- using vMix 20.0.0.27
- UTC on a remote computer (as always for me), NDI being used

1. If I have a vMix project already opened, UTC won't connect to vMix (red light). After a while, the light turns yellow but never goes green.
2. So I close UTC and vMix, re-launch vMix with a blank project, restart UTC > then it connects (green) at once
3. Then if I try to open my vMix project, UTC remains green but as soon as I try to open my VMC file for this project, it crashes.
4. If I simply reopen UTC, I go back to #1, so I must do #2 again but it results in #3 again
;o(
Only solution I found is to start a new UTC project and start all over and pray it won't crash... Visibly I'm not good at praying...

There is obviously something wrong with the update state process on start, maybe due to the NDI.dll as James mentions. I also noticed it now takes much longer than before for the initialization process when selecting NDI.dll in the external data widget.
I checked the log files, I don't think there is any relevant information being reported, but I can send some to you if you want.

Hope you can fix this. Just tell me if you want/need me to test updates before going public release.

Thanks
Guillaume

thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
corporatejames on 9/24/2017(UTC)
corporatejames  
#392 Posted : Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:11:37 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
DWAM wrote:
Hi Elgarf

just to mention that, like James, I had to stop working with the last update (conditions version - very unstable) and reverted to using the 27.03.2017 (GUID) version. However I experience strange behaviour.

Here are informations I can report:

- using vMix 20.0.0.27
- UTC on a remote computer (as always for me), NDI being used

1. If I have a vMix project already opened, UTC won't connect to vMix (red light). After a while, the light turns yellow but never goes green.
2. So I close UTC and vMix, re-launch vMix with a blank project, restart UTC > then it connects (green) at once
3. Then if I try to open my vMix project, UTC remains green but as soon as I try to open my VMC file for this project, it crashes.
4. If I simply reopen UTC, I go back to #1, so I must do #2 again but it results in #3 again
;o(
Only solution I found is to start a new UTC project and start all over and pray it won't crash... Visibly I'm not good at praying...

There is obviously something wrong with the update state process on start, maybe due to the NDI.dll as James mentions. I also noticed it now takes much longer than before for the initialization process when selecting NDI.dll in the external data widget.
I checked the log files, I don't think there is any relevant information being reported, but I can send some to you if you want.

Hope you can fix this. Just tell me if you want/need me to test updates before going public release.

Thanks
Guillaume

I have noticed a few of the above issue as well.
chococrispis35  
#393 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 11:57:06 PM(UTC)
chococrispis35

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
My UTC Vmix project on Baseball... Balls, Strikes, Outs, Bases...

progresstv  
#394 Posted : Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:39:24 PM(UTC)
progresstv

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi

very nice but I have a problem that after about 28/30min the application closes
witout any error message.

Does anyone already had the same problem how can I resolve it?

Thanks

My configuration
Win 7 64bit nvidia displaycard cpy XEON 3.4

NewsworthyVision  
#395 Posted : Friday, October 6, 2017 7:26:57 AM(UTC)
NewsworthyVision

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi team,

I'm getting ready for my first vMix/UTC broadcast this Friday, and I've found something that causes a crash.

I have several buttons taking on/off overlay items, which runs without issue, UNLESS, I have the vMix clocks as an active source in my project. Doesn't matter if it's in preview, output or just on the sources list, it causes UTC to crash out if it's running.

It seems to be fine if it's running in it's default position under the T-Bar. If you're having UTC crash issues, that might be why.
digitalalps  
#396 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:35:59 AM(UTC)
digitalalps

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hello,

maybe someone can give me a tip from you how I can best implement this requirement?
For a castingshow we have to make the graphics for the voting results. There should be 10 beams, which must have a different length depending on the percentage of the result. The bars should build from the left, first the last, shortest beam, then the second from below with the corresponding percentage. When all the bars are shown, the names of the participants, one after the other, should be displayed on the corresponding bar.

Is something possible, possibly with UTC? If so how, or is there a special software for this?
grantvnetwork  
#397 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:55:17 AM(UTC)
grantvnetwork

Hello. Great app! I want to know how to edit the score increments in the score widget. American Football uses +1 +2 +3 +6, not +1, +2, +3. I can edit code if needed. Just not sure where. Thank You. :)
grantvnetwork  
#398 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 7:02:33 PM(UTC)
grantvnetwork

digitalalps wrote:
Hello,

maybe someone can give me a tip from you how I can best implement this requirement?
For a castingshow we have to make the graphics for the voting results. There should be 10 beams, which must have a different length depending on the percentage of the result. The bars should build from the left, first the last, shortest beam, then the second from below with the corresponding percentage. When all the bars are shown, the names of the participants, one after the other, should be displayed on the corresponding bar.

Is something possible, possibly with UTC? If so how, or is there a special software for this?

Howdy we did something like this with out scoreboard.

We needed available timeouts per team shown as bars beneath each team.
We had 4 images that each had 3 bars. The first image is 3 white bars. The second image is one yellow and 2 white bars. The third is 2 yellow and 1 white bar. The forth is 3 yellow bars.
Having the images all overlay exactly over each other and setting the visible image using SetImageNative did not work as there is some sort of bug in UTC that would cause the first image for this index location to always be displayed.

What we ended up doing in vMix Title Designer was to first add the 3 yellow bar image below the team. Set it as Zindex 10. Save the XAML template. Then add the other 3 images further down below in a row not overlapping each other. Set them all as Zindex 10. Save the XAML template. Close Title Designer and edit the XAML file in a text editor(NotePad++ works great!). For this to work we had to make sure that the 3 yellow bar image was listed first. If one of the other 3 bar images was listed first UTC would overlay whatever images we activted over the wrong location.

In UTC add 4 Button Widgets that do "State Dependent", "Command = SetImageNative", "Index = 2", "Path = Direct Path To The Image". Save the UTC template.

I can share our vmc & XAML configs if you want a template to start with.
elgarf  
#399 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:34:46 PM(UTC)
elgarf

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Updated UTC with the next improvements:

25.10.2017:
! Containers now should work better
! Updated NDI SDK (should work with NDI monitor, but I'm not sure)
! [Performance improvement] Active state watcher now works in background, so interface freezes should goes out
! [Performance improvement] Active state watcher should check state only for updated inputs

I also push source code on GitHub. So you can make pull requests =)

First post
thanks 3 users thanked elgarf for this useful post.
DWAM on 10/26/2017(UTC), stigaard on 10/26/2017(UTC), corporatejames on 10/26/2017(UTC)
DWAM  
#400 Posted : Friday, October 27, 2017 8:44:26 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Thanks Elgarf!

I will give it a try soon. Sounds great!

Thanks for the GitHub too, not sure I can pull requests directly there, but I love to be able to see how it works. Does this mean you are looking for help or community participation?