logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Registers.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mtmt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 13, 2017 11:14:41 AM(UTC)
mtmt

Groups: Registered

Dear Development team,

We have done a few recent Vmix installations and beside our very positive experience, we found that in most of our applications (live tv studio and ob vans) it would be extremely useful to have a different (deeper) way of integrating with multichannel audio devices.

What i'm looking for is a possibility to route out directly every audio channel to a multichannel audio interface (like every modern digital mixing desk is practically a 32 channel usb sound card). It allows us to manage every video related audio channel together with the audio only sources (mic's, audio players, etc). And at the end send back a complete audio mix to Vmix.

I know that the built-in mixer Is quite powerful, but where you need to make submixes for iem's, studio speakers, ext lines, etc it's unfortunately not enough, however from video point of view it's just does what'a necessary.

The actual a and b bus is a good start but pretty limited, the goal would be to have all the audio sources from vmix separately on the audio desk.

Please consider to develop this, it would allow a whole lot more areas to install Vmix.

Bests,
Máté
Murchik  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:04:50 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
+1
This topic has been discussed for a long time, there are no solutions yet. It's time to expand the possibilities of working with audio. too often come across this situation.
mtmt  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 6:36:53 AM(UTC)
mtmt

+1
agilbett  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:19:21 PM(UTC)
agilbett

+1

The way that I see this would work is that you split every channel to an external mixer and perform the mix on the external digital mixer (like a behringer x32 core for example). In VMix I would have have inserts on every output so that a custom mix can be performed for each output on the external mixer. This would also allow custom mix minus solutions especially if you could control parts of the external mixer via an api or midi.