logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RoboST  
#61 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 12:27:37 PM(UTC)
RoboST

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
corporatejames wrote:

Man Windows 10 is the worst OS for issues I have seen. Even had to disable Windows updates so I don't wake up the next day with something broken. Even just taking pc to event and turning back on I had boot issues that had resolve quickly.

So far, I've had the opposite experiences.. I have updated 5 already (including all to Anniversary update now). 3 are laptops from 2010 that came with Win7, 1 fresh install and another upgrade from Win7 on a desktop from 2010. I ran CCleaner (registry clean only) after (except on fresh install). I removed some apps (including Avast) and did some cleanup before updating from Win7. IMO, the Anniversary update has made things snappier and on the Dell Studio XPS 1647, seems to have resolved some AMD video card issues (though I did some driver cleanup as well). So far so good....

jpeg2RAW wrote:
I just installed the anniversary update and now neither of my C920 webcams can be added using the MJPG video format like they were before the update. Looks like the only format supported now is YUY2.
Found this article which seems to confirm the problem with USB cameras and the MJPG format. https://www.mgraves.org/...sb-camera-functionality/

On our BCC950 webcams, only RGB and YUY2 options are available in vMix (I use RGB anyways). We have some C920's, I'll have to check what's available. I also have the Logitech drivers installed. MJPG was not available for us in Win10 with vMix before the Anniversary Update either. We only Input 720p30 as this gives a acceptable zoom range for each Performer's BCC950. VC520's or CC3000e's would be great for their optical zoom ranges but pricey for our needs.

mjgraves  
#62 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 2:20:59 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
RoboST wrote:

I also have the Logitech drivers installed. MJPG was not available for us in Win10 with vMix before the Anniversary Update either.

The driver issue seems odd. I was noted in an OBS forum. My Windows 10 desktop (clean build, no Anniv Update) shows the very same Logitech driver as my Laptop. Same date & release number. It's a very old driver.

Yet, prior to the Anniv Update the laptop could see MJPEG & H264 options for the C930e, BCC950, et al. Not after the update. Of course, the C920 could never do H264.

Despite this, Windows 10 has been very good in my experience. Every bit as stable as Windows 7, and faster on the same hardware.
IceStream  
#63 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2016 10:27:53 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
Slightly off topic BUT..

For whatever reason, after a Windows 10 update tonight, my computer log-in screen requested my Microsoft ID log-in and not my local user ID.
I must have, at some point, registered a Microsoft ID, but for the life of me, do you think I could remember the password?
This was very frustrating as there was no way to access my user account and log on to my computer as I have from day one.
I guess I'm not the only one to experience this "LOCK-OUT" of my own computer because Microsoft changed the rules somewhere along the line, in fact it seems to be quite common from the onset of Windows 10 as there are several HELP sites with similar issues all with several "quick fix" solutions that are hit and miss for many users.

As it turns out for me, I had to request a new password from the Microsoft site (forgot password rigmarole) from another computer, reset my Microsoft ID password which then worked to log into my computer, which I then had to authorize my User account as a valid log on for the computer again...
A very unnecessary and maddening procedure.

This is very scary MICROSOFT, locking me out of my own computer with an update!!!

Ice
AElli  
#64 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2016 7:09:38 AM(UTC)
AElli

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
" I just installed the anniversary update and now neither of my C920 webcams can be added using the MJPG video format like they were before the update. Looks like the only format supported now is YUY2.
Found this article which seems to confirm the problem with USB cameras and the MJPG format
. "

There's a similar post going on the hardware forum, there's a posted registry hack to get the mjpg stream working again with the anniversary updates...

http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=6702

A.
r@wisla  
#65 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 6:19:49 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
So there it is...

Not wanted Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed.

The effect?

vMix crashes when I start it!

It happened just 45 minutes before very important stream.

Luckly, the 32-bit version started right and I was even able to apply previously made (in vMix 64bit) preset. But it crashed when launching some overlays, so finally I made new preset with not that much inputs, without instant replay, without recording. And with fingers crossed I streamed whole game with no crashes.

I read here about some Anniversary Update webcams, usb grabbers or x99 issues, but didn't find problem similar to mine. What should I start with?

My system:
- Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER
- CPU: i7-4790K
- GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX970 4096MB 256bit DirectCu II Strix OC; driver 369.09
- SSD Samsung EVO840 250 GB
- Capture card: Magewell 4xSDI XI400DE-SDI (first generation)
- Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor

vMix 17.0.0.112

= = = UPDATE = = =

I see this entry in the logfile
Quote:

17.0.0.112 - ASIO.CreatePlayer.Error - 2016-11-10 16:01:32
========================================
B,0,2
bi: Unable to initialize ASIO device: UMC ASIO Driver,BASS_ERROR_DRIVER
w bg.e(Boolean a, Int32 a, Int32 a, bx a)
w bk..ctor(String a, cc a, Int32 a, Int32 a, bx a, Int32 a)
w bk.a(String a, cc a, Int32 a, Int32 a, bx a, Int32 a)

Does it mean Win10 AU "doesn't like" my Behringer ASIO driver?

= = = UPDATE 2 = = =

I connected my Behringer UMC202HD, launched vMix and it crashed. The logfile:
Quote:
17.0.0.112 - ASIODeviceStarted: UMC ASIO Driver - 2016-11-10 16:08:05
Name: Out 1+2 BufferSamples: 2048 StartChannel: 0 ChannelCount: 2
17.0.0.112 - Graphics - 2016-11-10 16:08:05
Optimus Compatibiity mode enabled
r@wisla  
#66 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 12:58:43 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
= = = UPDATE 3 = = =
Looks like nVidia 375,70 driver fixed the issue.
andriv  
#67 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 1:25:38 PM(UTC)
andriv

Please kindly share information pros and cons between windows 10 home and pro edition for vmix.

Regards,
Andriv

admin wrote:
vMix 15 and higher is supported by Windows 10!

If you are upgrading from Windows 7, or Windows 8 with Media Center, MPEG-2 recording is no longer available
however new MPEG-2 recording options will be included in vMix 16 via FFMPEG.

The performance of MP4 recording on Windows 8 and higher is vastly improved, so if you are upgrading from Windows 7,
that may be a good alternative to MPEG-2.

Any further questions regarding Windows 10 support can be posted here.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Matou  
#68 Posted : Sunday, October 1, 2017 6:03:20 AM(UTC)
Matou

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, a buggy problem: Windows 10 Home build 15063.632 - Notebook Asus G752VT. Audio works but when I use a program called Vmix (Vmix 4k - 20.0.0.30 x64) that allows you to manage an imported web file and export embeded: Youtube, Vimeo etc, audio does not pass, while with videos on the notebook, everything works perfectly. Controlled Firewall, updated all drivers, downloaded encryption codec - on Windows 8 and Vmix 20 pc works perfectly. Written to Asus, response. "Dear Customer, thank you for contacting the Help Desk Support Center for your request, as it is software not produced by Asus, unfortunately we have no way of intervening. Please contact the manufacturer of the software for greater support. We take the opportunity to give you cordial greetings. " .... ciao Asus! It seems like a problem between Windows 10 and Asus notebooks / Vmix - Anyway, any advice is well accepted.
Thank you!