logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjgraves  
#21 Posted : Friday, June 10, 2016 11:16:02 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
sinc747 wrote:
On next week's Streaming Idiots I am announcing a new NDI App that we have been developing called NDI Leash. Using this cutting edge tech/app I will connect my Jack Russell Terrier and he will be "NDI Compatible." Take a drink.

I wonder if this is compatible with my two black labradors? They have routinely made their presence known in 590+ #VUC sessions (http://vuc.me)

kane  
#22 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 12:03:28 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
AElli wrote:
Thanks Kane, my apologies if im appearing to give ndi a hard stance..

No apologies needed. I like it when people are pushing the technology.

At the same time, I also want to share the thinking that goes into some of the products NewTek makes. I've had other people ask why not more than 4 channels in NewTek Connect Pro, but once you explain the reasoning, it makes sense.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
AElli  
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 3:33:54 PM(UTC)
AElli

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Tom, I've vented on this same topic, but with reflection I suppose the cards are NDI compatible as they work natively with connect pro, which in itself is coveted by the NDI product name.

Having a product that relies on being plugged into a pc and running software had me, Like you, thinking no network ports, no NDI. After all the name is Network Device interface.

I'm sure we're all waiting for the HDMI-SDI to NDI boxes to appear, and for some, thats their understanding of NDI ie a box, SDI port one side and a rj45 the other, connecting the source makes it instantly available on the ip network. No other devices needed to achieve this. If thats the understanding of NDI then yes we've been dooped.

I guess it depends on your perspective of NDI. NDI the protocol, NDI the product or NDI the devices. If we look at SDI, some see it as a cable. Some see it as a protocol, whilst others see it to mean a compatible product.

For now, I guess We just have to read the marketing releases a little more thoroughly before we get too excited.

A.

Ps I hope, "no jack russels were harmed in the making of your app. :-)
sinc747  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:12:28 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Field Test #1 of NDI Leash today...

www.facebook.com/eastern.../videos/1932337743659277

And no Jack's were harmed. :)

- Tom
Mathijs  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:13:43 AM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Quote:
And no Jack's were harmed. :)

So there is no UTP running up his ass? This is wireless?

Also, this still gives no control at all over the Jack Russel? ;) I know some folks that would like remote control of their Jack. :D

We had to laugh about the first NDI compatible Jack Russel, thank you for your humour. Will definitely watch your next show.
Clocksmith  
#26 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 7:39:26 AM(UTC)
Clocksmith

Not sure if anyone's following this still but I've just read this from July this year:

https://www.broadcastnow...-support/5120188.article

Stating: 'Anyone who’s purchased the standard versions of the cameras (the AW-HE40 (pictured), AW-UE70, AW-HE130) can visit NewTek’s website in Autumn 2017 to upgrade and enable NDI capabilities for these camera models.'

We are about to purchase two AW-HE40 for use with vMix initially with RTSP but I was wondering whether anyone can confirm what the above quote seems to suggest; that there's some sort of upgrade on the way to enable native NDI output on these cameras?

Thanks.
kane  
#27 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 6:21:00 PM(UTC)
kane

Clocksmith wrote:
Not sure if anyone's following this still but I've just read this from July this year:

Stating: 'Anyone who’s purchased the standard versions of the cameras (the AW-HE40 (pictured), AW-UE70, AW-HE130) can visit NewTek’s website in Autumn 2017 to upgrade and enable NDI capabilities for these camera models.'

We are about to purchase two AW-HE40 for use with vMix initially with RTSP but I was wondering whether anyone can confirm what the above quote seems to suggest; that there's some sort of upgrade on the way to enable native NDI output on these cameras?

Thanks.

I was with the Panasonic rep yesterday and we had beta NDI firmware on HE-40 and HE-70 cameras. I was controlling them from my IP Series system and they were running great.

The Panasonic rep told me that mid October the firmware should be released for the HE-38, HE-40 and HE-70 model cameras, the HE-130 NDI firmware will not be until the end of the year.

The NDI firmware for these units will be a paid upgrade.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
Clocksmith  
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 4:34:22 AM(UTC)
Clocksmith

kane wrote:
Clocksmith wrote:

Thanks.

I was with the Panasonic rep yesterday and we had beta NDI firmware on HE-40 and HE-70 cameras. I was controlling them from my IP Series system and they were running great.

The Panasonic rep told me that mid October the firmware should be released for the HE-38, HE-40 and HE-70 model cameras, the HE-130 NDI firmware will not be until the end of the year.

The NDI firmware for these units will be a paid upgrade.

Kane Peterson
NewTek

Fantastic, thanks Kane. This is really good news.
seb666  
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:16:51 AM(UTC)
seb666

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
kane wrote:

Thanks for the info. Sounds great. Can you tell anything about latency with NDI? My Spark has a latency of about 4 frames to the audio, when I bring it into vMix, my Panasonic UE70 is more than 15 frames behind the audio via h.264 stream input.
Does this get better with NDI|HX?
kane  
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 11:09:55 AM(UTC)
kane

seb666 wrote:
kane wrote:

Thanks for the info. Sounds great. Can you tell anything about latency with NDI? My Spark has a latency of about 4 frames to the audio, when I bring it into vMix, my Panasonic UE70 is more than 15 frames behind the audio via h.264 stream input.
Does this get better with NDI|HX?

The NDI|HX™ latency in cameras tends to be lower than that of the standalone Spark units. I believe that this is because the CODEC is inside the camera and can get the sensor data quicker than a Spark unit which has to wait for it to come out the SDI or HDMI connector of the device first.

I can't say for sure on the Panasonic, but with the NewTek PTZ1 camera the latency is half of what I'm seeing with the Spark boxes.
thanks 1 user thanked kane for this useful post.
seb666 on 9/24/2017(UTC)
seb666  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:18:24 PM(UTC)
seb666

Man

kane wrote:

Just being curious, because I'm waiting eagerly for it: any specific date for the release? And will I get informed via NewTek? :)

Regards
Seb
kane  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:13:02 AM(UTC)
kane

I'm sure when it is available there will be lot of information, I'll probably post that information here myself as well. I'll see the Panasonic rep tomorrow, I can ask if there is any update, last I heard was middle of October, which is about a week away.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
thanks 1 user thanked kane for this useful post.
seb666 on 10/11/2017(UTC)
koinonia  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 9:45:31 AM(UTC)
koinonia

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Panasonic PTZ Cameras will now come with built-in NDI-HX: http://info.panasonic.com/ptz-camera.html
seb666  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 1:43:05 PM(UTC)
seb666

Man

koinonia wrote:
Panasonic PTZ Cameras will now come with built-in NDI-HX: http://info.panasonic.com/ptz-camera.html

Yes. And some models as my AW UE70 will get a firmware update to support NDI.
kane  
#35 Posted : Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:13:56 AM(UTC)
kane

I'm still told that NDI|HX™ for Panasonic cameras should be coming out mid-October.
thanks 3 users thanked kane for this useful post.
seb666 on 10/12/2017(UTC), stan5619 on 10/13/2017(UTC), RobLambert on 10/31/2017(UTC)
RobLambert  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:32:35 PM(UTC)
RobLambert

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
kane wrote:
I'm still told that NDI|HX™ for Panasonic cameras should be coming out mid-October.

Any news! Tomorrow is Holloween....the official end of the month!
seb666  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, November 1, 2017 10:58:19 AM(UTC)
seb666

Man

RobLambert wrote:
kane wrote:

Any news! Tomorrow is Holloween....the official end of the month!

From NewTek EMEA on Twitter:
"Hello, no date confirmed as yet but it's likely to be November. Both @NewTekInc & Panasonic will announce the availability for the upgrades."

https://twitter.com/newt...tatus/923848127358128128

I'm also waiting with tension. I do have three NDI Spark Connect now and want to integrate my UE70 via NDI into this setting...
kane  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 1, 2017 4:32:28 PM(UTC)
kane

Yep, looks like the date slipped. Just passing on what was I told before.
markusnygard  
#39 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 6:36:29 PM(UTC)
markusnygard

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Which version of NDI is currently been used in vMix? About a month ago I tried to connect Newteks PTZ camera to a vMix-laptop without any success. From which version does vMix support NDI v3 (NDI HX).
seb666  
#40 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 7:34:51 PM(UTC)
seb666

Man

markusnygard wrote:
Which version of NDI is currently been used in vMix? About a month ago I tried to connect Newteks PTZ camera to a vMix-laptop without any success. From which version does vMix support NDI v3 (NDI HX).

vMix definitely works with the NewTek PTZ Cam, as it also works with the Connect Spark devices and NDI HX. Please install the required NDI HX driver from NewTek.
And please: open a new thread, if you have completely different issue.