logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wtmuradiotv  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 9:14:52 AM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Not sure why we cant get something like this but I run a radio station and make use of v mix over my station also .I would like to use a text feature so I can put up over title of what is playing over the air .I noticed that Open broadcaster catches text files why cant we put this into v mix ? I would make very much use to this
NiBTour  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2016 8:24:02 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
wtmuradiotv wrote:
Not sure why we cant get something like this but I run a radio station and make use of v mix over my station also .I would like to use a text feature so I can put up over title of what is playing over the air .I noticed that Open broadcaster catches text files why cant we put this into v mix ? I would make very much use to this

with v18 doing this will be very easy with the built in support of reading files and data elements. Just wish it was around much sooner so I could shut all my OBS buddies up :)
Speegs  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:29:06 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
wtmuradiotv wrote:

I put together powershell script a while ago that does this. Somewhere in the forum :)

#Finds the First Playlist and Grabs the currently playing filename. Removes extension and sends it to the user defined title. Designed to run minimized every second. Hitting "q" in the console will close it.

It reads the API. Finds the filename of the current file in the playlist.

Removes the file extension and updates a title with the name.

It would be cool if Vmix could do it without a script assistant of course.
Speegs  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 15, 2016 1:32:02 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
wtmuradiotv wrote:

Until something better comes along here is some code:

http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=6171
wtmuradiotv  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 6:04:17 PM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Speegs wrote:
wtmuradiotv wrote:

I put together powershell script a while ago that does this. Somewhere in the forum :)

#Finds the First Playlist and Grabs the currently playing filename. Removes extension and sends it to the user defined title. Designed to run minimized every second. Hitting "q" in the console will close it.

It reads the API. Finds the filename of the current file in the playlist.

Removes the file extension and updates a title with the name.

It would be cool if Vmix could do it without a script assistant of course.

Its working great ...Now another problem i ran into is when you fix up your title bar so it works the title comes across and all but the issue now is that say you want to put a cgi logo on the end edited over the title bar and anything in that fact on the end of it well now when you place the title across the screen it rotates the title so that it shows the name of the cgi also or gif that is ....I would love to keep the title of the song in there and all but like i said it keeps showing the cgi name too ...How do we get it from not rotating it from showing ??? And if you need a demo i could show you what i mean