logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GoGo  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:59:17 AM(UTC)
GoGo

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was wondering if the Vmix crew could offer a Vmix call add-on purchase for those wanting additional Vmix calls but without having to purchase the Vmix 4K or Vmix Pro, especially if the features they offer are of no use to the live streamer.

I have the 4K version, but I would love to be able to have more than two Vmix callers, without having to pay the additional money for the Pro, in order to have 8 callers, in other words, why pay for a Vmix upgrade if I do not need the additional features that Vmix Pro offers?

I think to be able to purchase the Vmix call separately would greatly benefit live streamers immensely.
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 15, 2017 9:43:08 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
You can purchase that capability already. I guess you think that just the additional vMix Calls should be cheaper. How can that be when there's more work in writing the code to license the individual features one-bye-one? Then all the ongoing headache of managing individual user licenses that track what options they've bought.

I've been down that road in the past. It's a major pain.

If you need the additional vMix Call capabilities, it's worth the price. If it's not, then you must not need them that badly.

FWIW, I have vMix HD and I'm on the cusp of upgrading to 4K. Just need the green light on a project to justify the expense.
thanks 1 user thanked mjgraves for this useful post.
AlanZ on 11/16/2017(UTC)