logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nilgarcia0  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:44:31 AM(UTC)
nilgarcia0

Groups: Registered

Hi people!

I'd like to know if there is any way with vMix to open by default some inputs without using any vmix project file. I want my Deckink card inputs to apper as default every time I open vMix.
There are this that can be configured to appear as default when you open vMix such as: resolution, audio outputs, video output configuration..
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 10:28:25 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ nilgarcia0

I don't think this is possible, maybe you need to make a Feature Request, although personally, I don't see the benefit as it is simple enough to make a preset that can do this which should only add minimal time to your readiness upon launching vMix (in my case I name my preset vMix 1 as my default or "goto" start point when building profile for a show.
Just my thoughts.

Ice
Videoguy16x9  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 2:35:35 PM(UTC)
Videoguy16x9

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
@ nilgarcia0

I second IceStream. I am converting our university for NDI in a centralized control room with vMix as the vision mixer. The flexibility and free form nature of vMix is exactly what made me almost not choose it. I come from a fast paced sports world, and for me, "driving a board" is like playing piano - I have to be able to know where all the keys are instinctively while keeping my eyes on the monitors for four to ten cameras so I don't miss any of the action.

My solution was to use xKeys to make a "tradional" control surface and then set up a template for the first fifty inputs. After that, from input fifty-one on, the free form flexibility of vMix becomes beautiful.

Loading the vMix software, turning off the external output and loading my fifty input template takes ten to twelve seconds. Our TriCaster takes longer to initialize than that, so I think this is pretty good.

I think the feature you and I should be asking for is the ability to open the software with the option of either a default user built preset or the last loaded preset automatically populating. You could still easily load another preset just like you can now, but your starting point would behave just like you are hoping.
ask  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:27:49 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Simply copy your preset to your desktop, from the vMix storage folder (or wherever you saved it) and click on that to launch the program.
Joeboe  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:34:29 PM(UTC)
Joeboe

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I have a folder with all my vMix Presets, and what I do is open the folder, and launch the preset I want to work with....saves a lot of time.....