logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nilgarcia0  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 2:05:26 PM(UTC)
nilgarcia0

Groups: Registered

Hi all!

I'd like to ask for some help or If you had some experience related on Mobile Internet Bonding. We're looking for a "cheap" solution that takes different internet conections to get a reliable upload speed.
We used 4G networs to stream in 4-5mbps with no failures, but with only one sim card at same time.

We were thinking about getting Liveu Solo unit. The problem is that apart from bonding the conections wich is great, it also does the video encoding. We want vMix to do that as Liveu Solo is limited to up to 5.5mbps.

There are also some alternativeas such as Teradek Bond, Peplink or even LiveU better models but all of them are >3000€. That's an absolute nonsense for our budget.

It's there's a big gap in this field. It's difficut to find solutions.

Does anybody knows an affordable product?

PS: We also tried Speedify with no success. Unreliable and does not recogise devices well.
trilive  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 18, 2017 6:05:58 PM(UTC)
trilive

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
nilgarcia0 wrote:
Hi all!

I'd like to ask for some help or If you had some experience related on Mobile Internet Bonding. We're looking for a "cheap" solution that takes different internet conections to get a reliable upload speed.
We used 4G networs to stream in 4-5mbps with no failures, but with only one sim card at same time.

We were thinking about getting Liveu Solo unit. The problem is that apart from bonding the conections wich is great, it also does the video encoding. We want vMix to do that as Liveu Solo is limited to up to 5.5mbps.

There are also some alternativeas such as Teradek Bond, Peplink or even LiveU better models but all of them are >3000€. That's an absolute nonsense for our budget.

It's there's a big gap in this field. It's difficut to find solutions.

Does anybody knows an affordable product?

PS: We also tried Speedify with no success. Unreliable and does not recogise devices well.

Hi, I also use Speedify and I'm really happy with hte result. What do you mean with " does not recognise devices well"? Are you talking about using Speedify and Connectify together?

nilgarcia0  
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:46:52 AM(UTC)
nilgarcia0

We used to use Speedify in the past (when released)but we got less internet stability than using only one 4g stick: Internet fails, youtube live poor signal...
However I've been trying it lately and I got decent results so I think will gonna' go for this solution.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 7:56:52 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
We are very unhappy with Speedify (Stockholm server). Will contact their support about it.
mashynewie2  
#5 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 9:47:51 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
I had too many issues with Speedify so I stopped using it.

4G on it's own in Australia is much better (100% reliability)
trilive  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 20, 2017 11:36:32 AM(UTC)
trilive

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
We are very unhappy with Speedify (Stockholm server). Will contact their support about it.

I contacted their support several times. They have problems sometimes after updates.
I used a former version 15 months ago which worked fine. In May the actual version didn't work well. The newest (1 week ago) version seems to be reliable.
I had two shows the last week and both were perfect with Speedify. (German server).
The windows version looks more stable than Mac.