logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Followyourblissmedia  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:44:19 PM(UTC)
Followyourblissmedia

Groups: Registered

Facebook recently added the ability to add a Donate button to live videos. This is amazing for non profits who want to raise money. Currently the only way I know how to do this is only while streaming directly from an iPhone. Is there a way to add this button when streaming to a scheduled Facebook live video so we can use vmix instead of just streaming from the phone?
Brett Seidell  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2020 8:27:57 AM(UTC)
Brett Seidell

United States

I am also wondering about this feature, which is native to the Facebook App. Churches have been hit hard during the COVID-19 pandemic and we are using Vmix to begin livestreaming services. I can't figure out how to get the donate button working in coordination with Vmix Livestream to Facebook. Any advice on a roundabout way to do this would be much appreciated.
Chrisnic  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2020 12:36:54 PM(UTC)
Chrisnic

United States

While this doesn't answer the question it does in fact give you a small workaround. Depending on your version and the number of overlays that you have or how you are doing your offertory.

My church has setup two items that make it really easy. #1 we have an offertory period of just a screen that shows an offertory motion and have added an overlay with a QR code in it that points to our giving site. #2 we have taken and added a "Thank you for listening" closing screen that provides QR codes to our Website, Facebook, YouTube, and Giving sites. If users are using browser synchronization this works really well as they get to access both on their phone and on their PC. We have also found more of our families are watching us via the PC or SmartTV than their phones so this allows them to use both devices. Just some thoughts.
Rex  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2020 10:24:19 AM(UTC)
Rex

United States

Originally Posted by: Followyourblissmedia Go to Quoted Post
Facebook recently added the ability to add a Donate button to live videos. This is amazing for non profits who want to raise money. Currently the only way I know how to do this is only while streaming directly from an iPhone. Is there a way to add this button when streaming to a scheduled Facebook live video so we can use vmix instead of just streaming from the phone?

I'm with the OP. I would like to see this feature added to Vmix as well. Ability to set-up 'Donate' link for the livestream. IF there's a way to do this please let me know. Thanks!

Brett Seidell  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2020 7:04:19 AM(UTC)
Brett Seidell

United States

Originally Posted by: Chrisnic Go to Quoted Post
While this doesn't answer the question it does in fact give you a small workaround. Depending on your version and the number of overlays that you have or how you are doing your offertory.

My church has setup two items that make it really easy. #1 we have an offertory period of just a screen that shows an offertory motion and have added an overlay with a QR code in it that points to our giving site. #2 we have taken and added a "Thank you for listening" closing screen that provides QR codes to our Website, Facebook, YouTube, and Giving sites. If users are using browser synchronization this works really well as they get to access both on their phone and on their PC. We have also found more of our families are watching us via the PC or SmartTV than their phones so this allows them to use both devices. Just some thoughts.

Thank you for these great ideas! Your approaches are very clever and I shared them with our Pastor. Ultimately, I ended up not using the easy Facebook integration option within Vmix and instead chose to have Vmix create an RTMP feed and send it off to the Facebook Live Studio. Then I hop over to Facebook Live and receive the feed, add information to it and attach the donate button as well, then I go live with the feed. Thanks again.