logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mburel1980  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 6:22:20 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hey Guys,

here's a link to a production we did for the ETTU (European Table Tennis Union) covering the draw to the group stage of the European Table Tennis Championships which will take place in september in Luxembourg.

Please note that we also did the screen in the background through external 2 with a different graphic layout.

Enjoy

Marc
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 17, 2017 7:51:50 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ mburel1980

Well done, I thought the graphic display of the draws was excellent and well thought out, are you able to share how you accomplished that?
Other than a couple of glitches when changing draws, I thought the event went rather smoothly although, with multiple cameras, I might have preferred more close-ups and diverse shots at times. Perhaps a set-up like DWAM demos where he switches cameras (inputs) in his MultiView overlay PiP, I would have been inclined to get a close-up of the pool letter being drawn periodically.
Just some thoughts.
Thanks for sharing.

Ice
mburel1980  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:51:21 AM(UTC)
mburel1980

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thanks Ice,

basically we used vmix utc to control the titles from the two graphics (stream and screen) at the same time.
So there was 1 xaml filled with the teams in competition 1-16, the name of the competition and gender as well as the Group names. A 2nd one via Multiviewoverlay to fill the groups as the draw takes place and a 3rd xaml for the yellow highlights.
Each one was designed for the streamgraphic (including the liveimage) AND for the screen.
Teams in competition were loaded through title preset in vmix.
The teams drawn were loaded through utc list feature using the utc datasource feature (txt-list loaded before each draw)
The highlight was a simple shortcut (setimage) activated either with vmix utc or on our apc mini (wanted to have a backup solution :o))with a semi-transparent yellow rectangle png.

The glitches when changing draws were due to the following:

The presenter did the conclusion by reading off the screen (which was not planne dlike that). That was the time I would have used to change the presets and load the lists for the following draw. Now that I didn't have the time, I overcharged the cpu and vmix utc crashed, I had to reload and change the presets.

That said, the customers were very satisfied with our work.

Marc

spino  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 4:08:43 AM(UTC)
spino

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Technically you made a very good work but I suggest to be careful about the cameras position because in your video when you switched from the camera on the left side to the camera on the right side I saw a field inversion. In other words on the shot of left camera, the girl was to be on the right of the speaker and not on the left. I know I'm pedantic, I'm sorry but it was just an advice.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:09:17 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
@mburel1980

Always like what you do. When's your next live event?