logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ngtech  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:10:18 PM(UTC)
ngtech

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When I play DVD Movies in Vmix the video is distorted, when playing on VLC Media Players is fine, I have the latest Nvidia drivers,same problem in Vmix 18 and 19, tried different DVD's and all are the same.

Windows 10
Dual Nvidia Quadro FX 1800
i5 CPU
14GB RAM
ngtech attached the following image(s):
vMix Capture.png (1,453kb) downloaded 18 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
ask  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:14:55 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
What do you mean by distorted. Can you post a video to show us? Hard to diagnose without seeing the symptoms. My off the top of the head guess is that they are interlaced and you haven't checked the "this video is interlaced" box.
zenvideo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:17:36 AM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
From the attached image it looks like a codec problem. When you say you "play DVD movies", are these direct from standard DVD video disks? And what do you have in Settings under the Decoders section? If your MPEG2 setting is on Auto, then what MPEG2 codec(s) do you actually have installed on your system?

I have to admit I'd never tried playing a DVD disk in vMix until now, and on a standard Windows 10 Pro 64 installation it wouldn't play via the "add DVD input" method, giving an error "Video could not be connected. Please make sure an appropriate codec for this format is installed" (which I guess is not included in Windows these days).

However, I could get video direct from the DVD to play in vMix by using the "add Video input" method, having first added "*.vob" to the list of file types that use FFMPEG, and then browsing to the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD and loading the .vob file(s) directly. It's not a perfect solution, because each .vob is limited to 1GB (about 20 mins) so you can't play the whole of a long DVD, but if it's a short video or you only need a small section it is possible via this method.
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:39:16 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi!

another option is to use NDI plugin for VLC. Then you play the DVD in VLC and add the NDI input of VLC output into vMix.