logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
instudiomedia  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 11:38:55 AM(UTC)
instudiomedia

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello im planing to use vmix as a main video switcher but i need a way to overlay on video stream the live results from stage`s ( hill climb and rally ).I need help to make an plugin that get data from timing sistem, generate the graphics an make it avalible in vmix like an automatic processes.The bad part is that the timing sistem i thing is a custom solution and gerenate the results over a web page that use some java scripts to generate the final format.I manage to pull some date from an online live page but i need to have an automatic script that generate the grapfics and overlay over stream. (something like the example in the pictures http://imgur.com/a/7m0xj).Thank you.
instudiomedia attached the following image(s):
something like this.JPG (151kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
DWAM  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:23:38 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi

vMix can already do this some way or another. The use of datasource makes it possible to get the live data from the internet and using Title Designer or MS Blend it's possible to design the overlay graphics with the live data.

Search the forum, especially Doggy's posts, who is an expert in such things.
https://forums.vmix.com/...aspx?g=profile&u=679

It's very important you get very precise information about the live data format online. This is the very first thing to do in order to define the project's workflow.

Guillaume
thanks 1 user thanked DWAM for this useful post.
instudiomedia on 7/12/2017(UTC)
instudiomedia  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:00:56 PM(UTC)
instudiomedia

Thanks for the information,i know that the most important thing is to know the date format but this is the big problem because the timing application is custom and i dont have any information from people who designed.I will try to find that and right now i manage to find a HTML page that autorefresh every 15 seconds and i manage to pull date in a google sheet folder.
DWAM  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:47:08 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

If it's custom you can ask them to create an XML or JSON access which are the best option if you want something efficient and reliable. This is standard format for such data used for scores and timings.
doggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 3:58:54 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
find out the ways you have access to the info you like to be displayed.
There might be several ways but that's the absolute first thing you need know
instudiomedia  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:12:20 PM(UTC)
instudiomedia

I have some level of access and i manage to extract date from the website date and import them in a google sheet folder https://docs.google.com/...kocUmo/edit?usp=sharing. The timing result site
is at http://stats.fras.ro/clasamente-cnvc/ and after looking around i find a html page that have the live date. Now my problem is how put this date on a ticker and scroll it or to make a similar graphics like in first image that i attach but how do I do as the pilots participate to appear gradually on the screen ?
doggy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:56:18 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
as a start I would first create a title with all the items needed to get familiar with the concept

Being it a list it will take a lot of text fields to associate with your datasource and demand quit a bit of preparation time in specifying each individual item in the list but once done it will auto update based on changes in your data source
Graphically you can either chooses an image per line or design it in the xaml title

Check out the help files regarding datasources and its use http://www.vmix.com/help19/index.htm?DataSources.html

If i understand correctly you like some animation when list gets displayed , this can be achieved in the loading animation of your title by animating ( fade i n for example) line per line timewise.

When more familiar with xaml and codebehind one can "simplify" it a little using lists with templates, filereading and more animations but the principle is very similar to the above

DWAM  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 12, 2017 8:19:43 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

The webpage you indicated is made with AJAX and JS.
It's very easy for developers to create an XML version for this. This would allow you to avoid the google sheet import and the live data could be refreshed by vMix datasource much more often...